Stock vrs woods port

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cut4fun

Cut4fun

Faster is Better
BAWhahahahahahahahaha

2000K once again prove my point with his clueless post and talking out of his AZZ

I once again am done wasting my VALUABLE time on you LOSER! so get a life and try adding some truth to just one of your post sometime. or at least try and BS your way through one where you don't look like a total AZZZZZZZZZ :ices_rofl: at U.

So now make your GIRLIE last post and statement as usual to show your :censored: immaturity. :hmm3grin2orange:

2000ssm6

2000ssm6

Stihl User
Da knockout

BAWhahahahahahahahaha

2000K once again prove my point with his clueless post and talking out of his AZZ

So now make your GIRLIE last post and statement as usual to show your :censored: immaturity. :hmm3grin2orange:

That is sooo funny! You have proven no point other than rowing in circles with that BS canoe of yours. Why don't you answer my statements? Can't that's why.

Call me a girlie, a immature person, whatever, but don't forget where you came from.

Immaturity is in the eye's of the beholder, your mirror just cracked:hmm3grin2orange:

Cut4fun

Cut4fun

Faster is Better
I knew it BAWhahahahahahah

PointLaugh.gif

rofl2.gif

smileyclapping2kk.gif

action-smiley-069.gif

Copyofslaplaughing.gif

eclipsee_Victoria.gif

wtg.gif

ende.gif

Cut4fun

Cut4fun

Faster is Better
If thats what you need to call a win you canBAWHAhahahahaha

I will stick to my wins of life. :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :ices_rofl: :hmm3grin2orange:

Cut4fun

Cut4fun

Faster is Better
2000 on a serious note, since you like 044's. There is a piped alky running 120 044 for sale was $750, but now is down to $500. Would make a fun play saw for the money.

2000ssm6

2000ssm6

Stihl User
2000 on a serious note, since you like 044's. There is a piped alky running 120 044 for sale was $750, but now is down to $500. Would make a fun play saw for the money.

I saw that. Good site too. I would like to have it but not sure what I could use it for, no gtg's or races around me......Deer season is in and that will be taking all of my Saturdays up. If Joat was not so far away(3 hours) I would love to run his 660 and 390:dizzy: .

sawinredneck

sawinredneck

Addicted to ArboristSite
OK, lets try this from another angle.

You're typical Small block Chevy, factory, it hits about 6500 stock, anybody argue that?
Good intake and a set of headers, 7500. Add a cam, you get about the same but more power.
Really good intake, cam, headers and port the heads, 8500 all day long, and it's happy.
Now, I have no clue what they do to the NASCAR motors, but it's not unrealistic to see them hit 10,000 throughout the race.

Now, think of this in saw terms.

Mod the muffler and tweak the carb. Thats you're intake and headers, more RPM and more power.

Mod the cylinder, woods style, thats a port/polish, cam, headers and intake with a good carb. More RPM and LOTS more power, without killing the longevity too much.

Now add finger ports, change the ignition timming and whatever you have the balls to do, there's you're NASCAR motor. Runs great, huge amounts of power, gobs of tourqe, but limited lifespan.

I ran into this with another member here a while back and thought of this analagy, just never got to posting it until now.

Does that help 2000?

Last edited:
berryman70

berryman70

ArboristSite Guru
New saw ?? well used saw?? Whats the squish before and after.??

The saw was a couple years old & cut about 30 face cord, it did a little seeze job so I replaced the piston & ring with aftermarket & while it was apart I cleaned up the ports & left out the base gasket. I did it before I started coming to this site & didn't know about checking squish, use to do it on dirt bikes when I was a teenager & I knew it usually would increase power

Cut4fun

Cut4fun

Faster is Better
Berryman, I could check with a friend and see if this woods ported 359 topend is still forsale.

OK I will check into it.

Last edited:
joesawer

joesawer

Addicted to ArboristSite
OK, lets try this from another angle.

You're typical Small block Chevy, factory, it hits about 6500 stock, anybody argue that?
Good intake and a set of headers, 7500. Add a cam, you get about the same but more power.
Really good intake, cam, headers and port the heads, 8500 all day long, and it's happy.
Now, I have no clue what they do to the NASCAR motors, but it's not unrealistic to see them hit 10,000 throughout the race.

Now, think of this in saw terms.

Mod the muffler and tweak the carb. Thats you're intake and headers, more RPM and more power.

Mod the cylinder, woods style, thats a port/polish, cam, headers and intake with a good carb. More RPM and LOTS more power, without killing the longevity too much.

Now add finger ports, change the ignition timming and whatever you have the balls to do, there's you're NASCAR motor. Runs great, huge amounts of power, gobs of tourqe, but limited lifespan.

I ran into this with another member here a while back and thought of this analagy, just never got to posting it until now.

Does that help 2000?

His saw is an E-tech. Think of an '84 305 instead of a late model 350. The gains to be had are huge.

Latest posts