Stolen Hotsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

husky394

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Four full race saws were stolen from the parking lot of a the Days Inn in Flatwoods, WV on Saturday night. They are:

An 088 with a right hand pipe
A Husky 3120's with right hand pipes
A 181 Husky stock appearing
An 046 stock appearing

These saws are useless to anybody who doesn't race. There is a $1000 reward being offered.

Bet $5 the theif cannot even get them started if he didn't steal their fuel.

I bet whomever got them knew what they were taking.

Fred

I bet whomever got them knew what they were taking.

Fred

If they did, I hope they show up at a contest. Everybody in West Virginia is looking for those saws. The theft was announced from the stage at Webster Springs on Sunday Morning.

The show and the competitors showed a lot of class in this BTW. The "one man one saw "rule was waived, and the victims of the theft placed well in both open and stock appearing with borrowed saws.

thats where if they had serial #s written down on the saws it may be easier tracking down cause if they would email all the online merchants the serial #s of them saws chances are they may be found

calvin

just putting in my 2 cents of this

Four full race saws were stolen from the parking lot of a the Days Inn in Flatwoods, WV on Saturday night. They are:

An 088 with a right hand pipe
A Husky 3120's with right hand pipes
A 181 Husky stock appearing
An 046 stock appearing

These saws are useless to anybody who doesn't race. There is a $1000 reward being offered.
Real sad, that a person has to almost weld, bolt or chain stuff like this down.
Not good at all. The owners of these saws must have a fortune tied up in them. They almost be sick trying to display in contests after this. If that is the case, spectators will loss out. I'm new to this website, and I never heard of Chain Saw Races before joining these forums.
Bruce.

Ouch!!! Is that for all the saws combined or is that $12,000.00 each?
Bruce.

total.

It is fairly easy to have 4K tied up into a race saw. Stock appearing are cheaper, but it just depends on who builds them and what chains are on them.

I feel for your loss. I hope the thieves get what is coming to them.

total.

It is fairly easy to have 4K tied up into a race saw. Stock appearing are cheaper, but it just depends on who builds them and what chains are on them.

I feel for your loss. I hope the thieves get what is coming to them.
Before I found this website in April, I had no idea that there was such a thing as racing saws. Since I joined I have learned about stuff I never knew existed. I'm really enjoying these forums. My wife to be complains because I spend more time on the computer than with her.
Bruce.

Hey....Mayor here!
I havent posted in quite some time but this thread got my interest. I hate thieves....and being that I live in Huntington WV, and attend a lot of the shows around this area.....I'll be on the hunt. Do you have any pics. we can go by?
I'd hate too kick the dog soup out of someone and take his saws only too find out they were really his!

Seriously though......if they are around this area......we'll find them!.
I hope you dont mind us using one of them for a bit once we find them.....less than a tank of fuel in one should take care of the s.o.b.'s that took them!.

One of the pipesaws and both stock appearing saws were recovered at a pawn shop a few miles down the road from where the theft took place. The shop copeid the license of the person that pawned them, so hopefully the other will be returned soon. Please keep an eye out for the remaining one, and thanks to everybody for you attention, I'm sure the saw's owners appreciate it.

Last edited:
One of the pipe saws and both stock appearing saws were recovered at a pawn shop a few miles down the road from where the theft took place. The shop copied the license of the person that pawned them, so hopefully the other will be returned soon. Please keep an eye out for the remaining one, and thanks to everybody for you attention, I'm sure the saw's owners appreciate it.
Good Deal. Hopefully the Cops will be able to arrest the Bozos for stealing the Saws. Its nice that the crocks had to give ID, in order to sell the saws. Not so smart on their part. Going to a pawn shop with hot goods. They will always ask for ID in those places.
Bruce.

Did the cops recover them or the guys who got them stolen? Good news for sure.

If I had $12k worth of custom race saws, they would overnight in the hotel room with me, not out in the truck. Glad they got most of them back. :clap:

Ian

If I had $12k worth of custom race saws, they would overnight in the hotel room with me, not out in the truck. Glad they got most of them back. :clap:

Ian
Heck, I'd put htem on the Wife's side of the Motel Room Bed, and make sure they were tucked in all nice and cossey. Let the Wife fend for herself.
Bruce. P.S, it would be Me fending for myself, if I did that. Defenetly in the room with me though. I agree with you Totaly.

:chainsaw: Get Er Done!

Latest posts

Back