storing saws and othe requipment

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TJ-Bill

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
How do you guys store you saws and brush saws when not being used.

I've gone from a couple saws with 16" bars and a little Roybi curved shaft grass trimmer to a saw with a 28" bar and 2 straight shaft trimmers.

Myself isn't wide enough to hold the longer saw. I was looking at hanging my older brush saw but I think it migth leak gas if the tank was full.

They take up alot of room on the floor.

anyone have ideas pictures?

thanks

For chainsaws... how about scabbard style mount on the wall of your shed/ basement/ garage?

Mine stay on a high up shelf in the shed. But the biggest has 20" bar so not too big.

I buy the cheap Stihl plastic carrying cases, drain the fuel out of saws when I'm done back into the gas can, and give each saw a good blowing out with an air hose. Then, into the case.

My saws either sit on the barn floor, or I have those big hooks that you hang bikes on screwed into the wall and hang the saws on those.

Usually they end up on the floor, because I am to lazy to walk that extra 10 feet to hang it up.

Run all your OPE dry when using it, which negates the issue of leaking fuel and will help preserve your fuel lines from the dreaded ethanol rot.

Then you can hang them, stack them, leave them on a shelf or make a scabbard out of a couple blocks of wood and attach that to the side of your shelves.

My string/brush trimmers get stored head up, motor down (its just more stable from toppling over) in the basement on the floor. No worries.

attachment.php
I put the saws in a saw tree. Just hang the trimmer...

^^ That may be the coolest solution ever.

I've seen that at two Stihl dealerships I've been in to over the last few years. Very neat idea.

If you're talking long term storage, why not take the bar & chain off and hang that on the wall from a nail and then put the powerhead on the shelf? - After you've cleaned/de-fueled/laid them in a cashmere-padded crate, of course. :)

All of my work saws go on a metal wire shelf. If I know i wont be using them for a few months then the chain gets loosened so its drooping from the bar. My opinion it takes the sideload off of the crank. Regardless of how long they stay up on the shelf they are all topped off with fuel and bar oil. Sometimes if I havent used them for awhile ill start all of them up and run them at the same time for awhile.. sometimes trying to make a tune out of em..

Latest posts

Back