Storm work in Marin County, CA

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Monkey

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I've moved from a big tree work market to a little one. Instead of redwoods, dougfirs, eucalyptus and oaks, I now climb cottonwoods, silvermaples and spruces. My wife and I moved from the hectic San Francisco Bay Area to sedate Boise, Idaho to buy a house and raise our daughter. Looking at pictures of big trees on this site made me homesick for the big dangerous tree jobs that used to give me nightmares. Oh, well.
Here are some pics from storm work out in CA two winters ago. I know it's not recent but it's more photogenic than the work I do now.

cool pic hanging against the sunset OM... I bet you find living in Boise that your blood pressure will go down over time, and you can afford a couple extra chainsaws since cost of living is way less there.

Nice removal. That would have been a fun one w/ out the crane.
What kind of money did you get for that tree? Were you the owner of the company there? BTW nice looking chipper rig. Who manufactures that chip box?

I was the climber/forman on the job. My boss was working a lot of angles on that job so I couldn't tell you what the price tag was. The job went smooth until we had to get the crane out of there it got stuck in the mud. All of the ground crew had left and I was left helping the crane operator jockey his rig out of there. It was a mess afterwards and we ended up having to redo flower beds, fill in deep ruts and re-gravel the road. It would have been a good day to have been a contract climber. Just grab the cash and go!

I forgot. The chipper was put together for us by a company in Stockton, CA. It was a nice rig. I'd have to ask my old boss for more info than that.

Back