Stump-B-Gone

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LazyJ

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
My property is plagued with nasty sweetgum trees, here's what I do to eradicate them. I girdled this tree back in the spring and now the wood is good and dry to burn, I have several days before rain, and we're wet enough that I won't have to worry about wildfire. I cut the tree, stumped it close to the ground, then put my Stump Incineration Device over the stump and got me a fire going in it. After 2 or 3 days I'll have the tree burnt up and a big hole in the ground where the stump was.

IMG_2140.jpg

Fixing to girdle this topless bee-itch

IMG_2142.jpg

The dang ol' 440 barely gets on the pipe good going through these cookies before I have to shut her down.

IMG_2143.jpg

I have three sizes of these sheet-metal barrels made up, this is the medium size one, they work great and will cook any stump. Now that my fire is going I'll fill the barrel morning and night till the tree and stump are gone.

As often as need be, and presumably the fuel to be used is the woody byproduct of felling the tree with some dry stuff to start it all off.

This is a fine, fine idea and one I'll use next time I need to obliterate a stump.

Latest posts

Back