stupidity stories

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol pretty stupid believing xp's would be sold in lowes:rolleyes:

who said i thought it was an XP?
hense the reason it was in this thread :D

eve funnier.. my friend did the same thing, only went back for a second!.. yes thats right, TWO 455 ranchers :laugh:
guess he really liked em...

This is funny but didn't happen to me. My best mate used to be in the Australian SAS and loved taking his Landcruiser ute (pickup) out in the sand dunes above Perth in Australia (where he was based). Anyway he met this really nice girl and took her four wheel driving about 60km north of Perth. He told her to let the tyres down to 10psi on her side while he was doing the two tyres on his side prior to hitting the sand. Anyway, she had the pressure guage and didn't realise you had to reset it after each reading. Turns out she hadn't reset it from about 20psi and had completely flattened both tyres. She said to my mate "Andrew, something is wrong. The tyres look flat but are still reading 20psi". He's come around for a look and realised what she's done so has yelled at her (as a joke mind you). "Oh good stuff. Now we're stuck out in the middle of nowhere with one spare, no pump, and two flat tyres!!!". He did actually have a 12v pump in his toolbox but walked back around the driver's side of the vehicle with a smurk on his face thinking it was one hell of a joke.
After a few minutes of not hearing from her he thought he'd better tell her that he has actually got a pump so he's walked back around and she is balling her eyes out. She thought they'd be stuck there forever and die!
This was about 13 years ago.
Anyway, they're now happily married with two kids but it pays to realise that some people don't see the joke in things like that. I did :D

This is funny but didn't happen to me. My best mate used to be in the Australian SAS and loved taking his Landcruiser ute (pickup) out in the sand dunes above Perth in Australia (where he was based). Anyway he met this really nice girl and took her four wheel driving about 60km north of Perth. He told her to let the tyres down to 10psi on her side while he was doing the two tyres on his side prior to hitting the sand. Anyway, she had the pressure guage and didn't realise you had to reset it after each reading. Turns out she hadn't reset it from about 20psi and had completely flattened both tyres. She said to my mate "Andrew, something is wrong. The tyres look flat but are still reading 20psi". He's come around for a look and realised what she's done so has yelled at her (as a joke mind you). "Oh good stuff. Now we're stuck out in the middle of nowhere with one spare, no pump, and two flat tyres!!!". He did actually have a 12v pump in his toolbox but walked back around the driver's side of the vehicle with a smurk on his face thinking it was one hell of a joke.
After a few minutes of not hearing from her he thought he'd better tell her that he has actually got a pump so he's walked back around and she is balling her eyes out. She thought they'd be stuck there forever and die!
This was about 13 years ago.
Anyway, they're now happily married with two kids but it pays to realise that some people don't see the joke in things like that. I did :D

A week back I was off road bout five miles in the bush with a friend and blowed the side wall out of my rear 33 12.50 16.5 which are hard to find so no spare. My friend said we better start hoofing and I almost lmfao I said you know how far we came in over mountains and such he goes yeah I said its two hours till dark. I told him to lock the wheels and drove back to where we had to park his truck and asked if he thought it was better than walking:)

A week back I was off road bout five miles in the bush with a friend and blowed the side wall out of my rear 33 12.50 16.5 which are hard to find so no spare. My friend said we better start hoofing and I almost lmfao I said you know how far we came in over mountains and such he goes yeah I said its two hours till dark. I told him to lock the wheels and drove back to where we had to park his truck and asked if he thought it was better than walking:)

Yep. Way better than walking :)

oops

last year at work a painter comes to me and says " I know you fix things, maybe you can fix this chainsaw if you want it. It doesn't cut good." So I throw it in the truck and don't bother with it till the weekend, put it in the vise on the bench, give it a couple of pulls, starts up, runs and idles good, shut down and look a little closer at the bar and realize that the poor gut had put the chain on backwards. No sir, wouldn't cut beans, but thank you very much for another freebee. That was number 11.:laugh:

In my teens, neighbor had tree come down against her house. Limb above my head had been cut back with one piece still attached but was in a bind. Thought to myself, I'll just whack it with the maul, it'll come right off. Gave it a whack, limb springs free, but where did that piece of wood go? Then it hit me. Literally! Right on top of the noggin! A few white spots, weak knees, and I was able to stay on my feet. Nice goose egg and a good laugh for everyone watching.:dunno:

O fooey, I just hiked 7 miles through a foot of snow with an 80 lb pack and fishing gear, walking is good for you!

Thats a good way to mess up your drive train isent it?

O fooey, I just hiked 7 miles through a foot of snow with an 80 lb pack and fishing gear, walking is good for you!

Thats a good way to mess up your drive train isent it?

I am thinking I would rather chance it than risk messing up my PERSONAL drive train. It seems that Newton's laws are getting more and more effective on this body.

Stupid

The last time I spun a new chain, I set the rivets and did not think anything of it.
The next morning, early I picked up the chain and put in in my saw box.

Got out to the woods, got my saw out and my "new" chain. I then relaized that I spun it inside out.

Damm I felt stupid.

Back