Successful road trip

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ultimate buzz

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Made a second run up to Merrill, Wisconsin, and with the guidance of a really helpful dispatcher at the Lincoln County Sheriffs office named Christine, returned with a modern day equivalent of the holy grail.The quest - the Leveraxe! I ended up calling this dispatcher four different times, and I really appreciate her patience helping me to find Jason's house.I found the address, and picked up the leveraxe.It went really smooth, no chasing to a buddy's house to pick it up, no "what leveraxe?", just a slightly embarassed guy who gladly passed it on.
I'm going to try the leveraxe the weekend of the 28th,and then pass it on.Ericjeeper, I would really like to pass it on to someone responsible, preferably in person.I have not gone through the old posts on under the Leveraxe heading. Where or how, do you want me to send it/deliver it?

Thank you very much for picking it up...

I tried to call Jason just last night. This thing has been bugging me a lot more than it probably should.. I have an ailing Aunt up in WI I imagine we will be heading up there within the next few weeks for her funeral. (terminal cancer she is 85)
I was planning on paying a visit to Pick it up myself.. But you saved me a detour.
Did you happen to get the original shipping box too? That box fit it nicely and made it easier to ship.
What qualifications should we make as to who gets it?Minimum length of time on AS? We need something to insure this does not get out of hand again.
Maybe when one guy sends it to the next. he PMs the next guy the addy that it was sent to last.
I honestly think there will be no more trouble with someone bogarding the axe.. After everyone has seen that it will be collected. Again thank you very much for retrieving the axe.

shipping box

Ericjeeper, No I wasn't given a shipping box. Maybe that is why it wasn't returned? Tell me what it looked like and, assuming it was a plywood box with an easily removed lid(drywall screws)I can make one up. Also, how have the previous users shipped it to the next one on the list? UPS ?

Ericjeeper, No I wasn't given a shipping box. Maybe that is why it wasn't returned? Tell me what it looked like and, assuming it was a plywood box with an easily removed lid(drywall screws)I can make one up. Also, how have the previous users shipped it to the next one on the list? UPS ?

It was just a long triangular shaped box from the manufacturer. I think most guys had been shipping it USPS. it cost me 13.00+- to send it to whomever I sent it to.
I think it was not returned due to LAZINESS. LOL

Well well... I certainly didn't think that it would show up again. Figured it was gone for good. Amazing.

Ian

Hey I already tried it,but I was wondering if maybe someone coming to the GTG on March 14th could bring it up for the whole group to try. Maybe wdchuck?
Or Ultimate buzz!!

Last edited:
Gtg

If someone can get me contact info for Niknocker? I will gladly drop it off by his house so you will definately have it for the get-together. I tried finding info on the get-together, but I'm not to acclimated to the other areas of arboristsite, outside of the firewood and chainsaw carving sections.I'm on lunchbreak at work right now, but I will contact him from home in the next day or two.-ken

Be Happy to . . .

I just picked up on this thread and I'd be happy to bring the Lever Axe along to the GTG.
Ultimate Buzz - give me a call - I'm in Plover. I'll send you my number.
Grandpa Tractor I guess that means count me in for the GTG!

Al :cheers::cheers:

Latest posts

Back