Suction Strainer Q??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gtu160

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
What do you guys use to keep the suction strainer in place? The strainer is good and it looks like it was once glued, but came apart. I don't want to spend 20bucks at northern for one. Thanks.

I've used JB weld in the field when the strainer was part of an adaptor and had no other choice. That was on a 4 inch strainer for some rr equipment.

but for $20, change it. cheaper than pump if tiny peces of the strainer or the jb weld go through .....

k

protect your pump,

I've used JB weld in the field when the strainer was part of an adaptor and had no other choice. That was on a 4 inch strainer for some rr equipment.

but for $20, change it. cheaper than pump if tiny peces of the strainer or the jb weld go through .....

k

20 bucks aint bad, concidering the cost of a new pump,......Eric

protect your pump,

k

20 bucks aint bad, concidering the cost of a new pump,......Eric

If that strainer is damaged or even falling apart, DO NOT REPAIR, nothing else make sence than REPLACE with a new one......20$ is a cheap insurance to prevent a major breakdown when you need the splitter the most...and dont stop there.....look for the reason it got damaged....
btw....do you repair a damaged oil filter?

I called northern today and was told what they are. I thought you just get the strainer, but I was wrong. The strainer itself was just old or fell apart when we throw the splitter off of the trailer. I'm going to order one tonight. Thanks.

Back