Sugar Gum milling

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobL

No longer addicted to AS
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I know you guys like to see what trees we have access to in Australia,
This one is called Sugar Gum.
It's moderately hard but being such a small log (20" diameter) and about 8' long it was quite easy to slab up. Wood is really purdy!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

BobL
I always look forward to your pictures. You do have different and very beautiful wood "down under". Thanks for sharing these pics and the many of your mill. :clap:

BobL
I always look forward to your pictures. You do have different and very beautiful wood "down under". Thanks for sharing these pics and the many of your mill. :clap:

Took the words right out of my mouth... beautiful wood you have there, once again. Too bad that crotch in that last pic looks like it has a good bit of bark inclusion... but it wasn't all that large of a crotch anyway, and there is still some figure below it that looks clean.

that would make a nice little tiki bar countertop looks really exotic thanks for sharing great job!

Oh yeah - my thoughts exactly!

Too bad that crotch in that last pic looks like it has a good bit of bark inclusion... but it wasn't all that large of a crotch anyway, and there is still some figure below it that looks clean.

Yeah I too was hoping for less inclusion. The bark on these eucalypts is quite thick which probably didn't help.

Beautiful wood. I see some nice table tops even with the bark inclusions. Burried in clear...mmmm, wish I had some here.

Back