Sugi Hara bar numbers explained.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those of you that didnt already know this

blade (bld)
n.
1. The flat cutting part of a sharpened weapon or tool.
a. A sword.
b. A swordsman.
3. Archaeology A slender, sharp-edged flake that is at least twice as long as it is wide.
4. A dashing youth.
a. A flat thin part or section, especially one that makes contact to perform a desired action: the blade of an oar; the blade of a hockey stick.
b. An arm of a rotating mechanism: the blade of a propeller; the blade of food processor.
c. A long, thin, often curved piece, as of metal or rubber, used for plowing, clearing, or wiping.
6. The metal runner of an ice skate.
7. A wide flat bone or bony part.
8. The flat upper surface of the tongue just behind the tip.
9. Botany
a. The expanded part of a leaf or petal.
b. The leaf of grasses or similar plants.
intr.v. blad·ed, blad·ing, blades
To skate on in-line skates.

What I want to know is why all my bar tips have different numbers but are all the same pitch

I understand all the other numbers just not the first 4.

The UA would be initials of the brandname, which makes no sense to me as it is Sugi Hara branded.

I think the 10 is the mount type. The Sugi Hara bars look to me like they combine mount paterns so the same bar can be used on several saws.

What I want to know is why all my bar tips have different numbers but are all the same pitch

Are you talking about replaceable bar tips? The chart I found is for complete bars.

If you are talking tips maybe the gage is different? Width of bar? Mounting pattern?

I don't know, I just happend to find the breakdown of the numbering system while trying to see what a bar listed on Feebay would fit.

The ones I purchased are K095 mount-.050- .325-66DL- 16". $14.99 each- they are very solid and not lightweight.

I believe that's an old chart. Where's AT or SV? The new bars are "0" for .050" and "8" for .058". Just sayin...
J

The UA would be initials of the brandname, which makes no sense to me as it is Sugi Hara branded.

I think the 10 is the mount type. The Sugi Hara bars look to me like they combine mount paterns so the same bar can be used on several saws.

I think it's the brand name of the saw application HU=husky,ST stihl and the one I have here EC=Echo but it's a small husky mount, and works perfect on my 420.Also mine being a hardtip is just blank in that space.I've been watching them on fleabay also and can't make heads or tails out of the ID system.Some of these Ebay blades are NOS,mine is at least 20 years old so I would imagine there has been changes and additions in the numbering system.

These are very solid bars and fit my 346XP-350's-345-and 353. I guess for $15 a piece I can't go wrong. The seller said he bought them from a saw shop that went out of business.

The seller stated that they were K095 mount. Don't know how he found that out but they do fit the saws I stated. If you zoom the pic you can see the double bar mount holes. Maybe the UA stands for universal mount ?

The seller stated that they were K095 mount. Don't know how he found that out but they do fit the saws I stated. If you zoom the pic you can see the double bar mount holes. Maybe the UA stands for universal mount ?

The "universal mount" is the SV Mount.

Latest posts

Back