Super EZ PTO Side Bearing

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wstan101

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey guys, does anyone know of an aftermarket source for Super EZ PTO side ball bearing? I think the OEM # is 65044-S and seems to be impossible to to locate.
Have two complete restorations on hold for close to a year now because of this bearing. Thank you.

Use calipers and measure the bore, shaft dia., and the width of the bearing. Go to skf, timken, fag bearing sites and search for it there.

Used one on a crank here in the attached link for cheap, plus he’s in your area.

There should be part numbers stamped on that outer bearing race, Homies seldom used proprietary bearings. Post some close up pics of the removed bearing sides.

If your saw is an old points type, this crank may not work like it is. Could heat it up & pull off the bearing or convert yours over with a Nova ignition chip if it’s points.

You could even Email Leon & ask him for an AFM bearing number.

https://www.leonschainsawpartsandre...atic_Chainsaw_Crankshaft_65006-2_U3777.html#/

65044-S has an extra groove in the outer race for some retainers that hold it in the drive case. I'm not sure that is actually required as the bearing presses into the case pretty hard. You might be able to find a standard bearing with the proper I.D., O.D., and width and go with that. Maybe some green LocTite 290 would help hold it in place if you can't find the OEM parts.

1707488110930.png

Mark

Hi Mark, thank you for the information, I like the idea of using some substance to lock the bearing in the case, but if I'm not mistaken the lock ring is to keep the crankshaft from any side to side movement. I could be totally off base with that thought but would be willing to give your idea a shot. I do have loktite sleeve retainer, but that would be truly permanent and could break the case if someone ever tried to press it out. Thanks again, have a good one!

Hi Mark, thank you for the information, I like the idea of using some substance to lock the bearing in the case, would be willing to give your idea a shot. I do have loktite sleeve retainer, but that would be truly permanent and could break the case if someone ever tried to press it out. Thanks again, have a good one!

Homelite liked to do that with the PTO bearing, install retainer clips. The flywheel side is generally a needle bearing and so that side floats. Thinking back, the belt drives, Wiz and direct drive types, big 900s are all like this. Alot of Poulan sandcast as well. If I didn't have a choice, why not use loctite. Super EZ cases have to be common as dirt if you did break one down the line. That said, I've never seen one of these type bearings loose in a case yet. They all push out and press in hard, heat required.

Thanks for the input, I think I will go ahead and use sleeve retainer in lieu of the two retainers and keep my fingers crossed.

Latest posts

Back