Super Thrive

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PTS

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Anyone using Super Thrive? A Systemic liquid concentrate mix with water.

Directions call for one drop to a gallon in some cases, On a tree that you are trying to revive it calls for one ounce to a five gallons.

What results have you received from this product?

I see that stuff advertised on the back of magizines all the time, I was curious myself if this stuff actually works and what is in it.

I have never used it but one of my very green thumby clients swears by it. She is also very hot.
It is an organic mixture of something, its good try some.

I had a mechanic working for me some years ago that swore by it. I read the label, it looked like a bunch of smoke and mirrors, along with some fairly common plant growth supplements.

I have never tried it.

I have been hesitant to use it because it's lack of good labeling. What it has looks more like a comicbook add for x-ray glasses.

One of the products I do like, Pan-A Sea' by Emerald Isle (what I call seaweed juice) has assay results of the different sugars, hormones and major minor and trace elements. Being a seaweed product, it has traces of mercury, and other heavy metals in it.

Another thing they tout is the B-1, or thiamine. Most peer review papers have shown that thiamine has no direct effect on root growth.

The NAA they have in there does stimulate lateral root development, but at the expense of fine, absorptive roots.

Here is a an extension paper from WSU on the subject to support my stand.
http://www.puyallup.wsu.edu/~Linda Chalker-Scott/Horticultural Myths_files/Myths/Vitamin B1.pdf

That said, since this product seems to be made from macerated plant material, it should have some benefit. Though is it the best for the cost?

Worked for me but like any hormone replacement therapy you have to keep it up like mir:censored:grow or the plant could take a dive. I used it on a Jade and it flowered I've never seen it flower in 20+years.

I used to use it mixed with M...gro, getting bedding plants ready for displays in the hotel I worked at.

I grew everything myself from seed up to 3" pots before they went out.
Anecdotally, I would say that I got a larger, more robust product quicker than either water alone or M..gro alone, granted I didn't do clinical trials but visually, my bedding plants were in very good shape with open flowers and lots of buds prior to being planted.

Their labelling is hilarious though...!

i think it is horse piss but the stuff works transplanted some 12 inch red oaks Live Oaks any transplant , i think the stuff works or i may just be gitting a hell of a root ball lol

Latest posts

Back