Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where is everyone else tonight???

Hoping for a John sighting.

Looking for a brake spring for the 445 that I bought today so I can bet it back in circulation.

Debating on putting crank seals in the 55cc craftsman or just parting it out like I planned.

Hey Scoot!

Missed ya today man but kept you in mind. Hope things are getting better.

When we do get things set it can always be a working day if ya know what I mean. Need trees dropped, bucked, moved, stacked etc. I'm good with that.

Third Lake. One of the Fulton chain. They run from Old Forge to inlet.

Breakfast of fresh trout and scrambled eggs. For some reason never over easy eggs with fresh trout.

Some of the best days ever........

Old Forge is a pretty good area. Nice run through there.

The lathe is completely torn apart.
I have even pulled the spindle and back gears. Bearings look perfect, all it needed was a good cleaning.
The bed and head casting are cleaned, and lightly oiled with light machine oil.
Tomorrow, after fishing, I am going to clean all the grease and **** off the gears and shafts, anf try and get the thing back together.
The tool holder assembly (proper name has escaped my mind) will be torn down and cleaned this week.

Reabuilding a lathe is even more fun than rebuilding a saw!
I might have to keep my eye out for a small horizontal mill.....
I dont think I can fit in a shaper.....

Drill press is the next priority.
It is a pain having to go over to my dads shop everytime I need a good hole drilled....

Hey Jimmy !
If you or anyone else talks to Mrs.Slug let her know that there is a couple of members close by offering to go up for a day to help with chores that John has not been around to do .

John update

Doing much better. Still giving the nurses a hard time and wants out of there. Hoping he will be home in the week. Wife says they are maintaining right now but I told her once again anything we can do to please let us know.

Latest posts

Back