Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey John...

I know i mentioned the eeko parts but i gots plenty project to play with and work to do..

a month is fine with me,,dont go extending yourself,,or else !!

remember,,i got the BOSS"s phone number !! :)

Shop size..
was talking to the sawyer making wood for my shop and he's got quit a bit done :)

now thinking size..
what i planned on was a 12 ft wide building ..
shed roof style so would have storage overhead.
easier to build,less materials,easier to build roof and all rain and snow go off back side.
Lenght would be easier to add onto that style also..
then like lean to off the back,covered open storage protected from wind on that side.
build a furnace room there for the shop to not take up room inside.
also covered storage for the junk saws,stihls,mowers etc.
on the length i was thinking of starting with 16 ft...
so a 12 x 16 to start with the covered storage out back.
on adding length it would be un insulated and not heated with a door.
was thinking of bringing out to 24 ft long when i could.

looking at the 8 ft wide trailer i am in now i have a workbench one side and shelves other side.
i have about a 4 ft wide aisle now ,,with 12 ft i would have an 8 ft wide aisle.
the 2 ft wide shelves and workbench are as wide as needed i " think " ??

questioning if i should go wider for some reason ??

I will probly look into selling the 8 x 32 ft trailer if i can get some good money for it and then could add on rooms off the back of new shop if needed.

so,,,,debating,,wider shop ?? sell or keep trailer ?

to add to it i have a 8 x 18 ft camper converted to storage filled with shelves,,could sell that also..

All storage dont have to be in one building but would be nice :)

I just dont know what way to go :(

should start building in two weeks :)

anybody have any good ideas ?

i realy would like a heated 50 x 100 but aint gonna happen !!

I guess it would look like this ?

attachment.php

Howdy all. One bedroom left to do. Emma's is a 100% and it's time to do Wyatt's! I have a Johnny Red on my bench right now I have to make a flywheel and clutch removal tool for. Pretty nice old saw, man does it need some love.

Ron the bench width is a good working width, you don't have to over reach that way. Sometimes a central bench is nice so you can spread a project out and really work on it from both sides. As far as your new shop, I think a 12x16 is great for a saw shop. I had to go bigger with mine due to my woodworking stuff.

I guess it would look like this ?

attachment.php

I would go as big as you can right now. Then add on as you can. It will never be big nuff ! LOL
The one trailer you have fixed up now would be nice to keep. You won't use all of it at once. You would stihl have it in different parts of the new shop too. Bout the same,but its already fixed up nice for storage.
Build the new shop,sell the old one. Then after you add on,sell the other one maybe ?

I would go as big as you can right now. Then add on as you can. It will never be big nuff ! LOL
The one trailer you have fixed up now would be nice to keep. You won't use all of it at once. You would stihl have it in different parts of the new shop too. Bout the same,but its already fixed up nice for storage.
Build the new shop,sell the old one. Then after you add on,sell the other one maybe ?

yeh,,the 18 wheeler trailer is nice but WHAT a behemoth !!

was told i could prob get $2K + for it..
if i could would go in a heart beat !! :)

Ron;

A small shop is cheaper to heat. A given.

Work bench depth should start in front of your toolboxes.
And sometimes another bench RIGHT behind you for tools you are using is nice.

This coming from someone who has stood at benches for 35 years.
Tool boxes to the back. Often used tools right behind you. On the island.

You are the only one at the bench most of the time.

Bench top I use Is 2 pieces of 3/4" plywood with Masonite covered in Verathane.

Screw and glue the ply together. Glue the Masonite.

I had a hydraulics bench like that. After 5 years I just recoated.

Bench high enough to stand at and to get a stool under.

Power and air supply under and above the bench.

Yes. Big as you can. But a smaller heated shop.

And even if open.....frame as much as you can.

Easier to add on.

Well , I have a cast for now so there will be crutches , I have not seen the doc yet but it only hurts in one place :msp_thumbsup: , I know he was in there but don't know what he did LOL
Way better than the first go round :)
Might even get booted out tonight :) :)

Yes. Big as you can. But a smaller heated shop.

And even if open.....frame as much as you can.

Easier to add on.

Oh yes,all framed to add on.
insulated heated area as i said,,12 x 16,rest a door into :)
last year used maybe 50 gals heating oil for the trailer,most not insulated.metal walls,,you saw it.

Well , I have a cast for now so there will be crutches , I have not seen the doc yet but it only hurts in one place :msp_thumbsup: , I know he was in there but don't know what he did LOL
Way better than the first go round :)
Might even get booted out tonight :) :)

Most WOULD like to boot you out !!!

LOL ! :)

Latest posts

Back