Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 362 needed the airfilters, inner and outer and a sparkplug wire, it had been hacked inside the plug boot. I just made new blockoff plates for it tonight and will pull vac on it tomorrow. Piston and cylinder look great but I suspect the flywheel side seal may be leaking a bit, pulled the flywheel earlier and the seal looks strange, the lips are pushed outward. It will get whatever it needs as the work progresses.

I like the power and smoothness of my 361's but the mouse pac have been traveling with me the most , even one that Jerry built 5 years ago have been through a lot of fuel .
My need/want of a big saw has changed over the last couple of years , saving up for a MS241 has been my new goal , see if Jerry can turn that one into a Mighty Mini Mouse LOL

I like the power and smoothness of my 361's but the mouse pac have been traveling with me the most , even one that Jerry built 5 years ago have been through a lot of fuel .
My need/want of a big saw has changed over the last couple of years , saving up for a MS241 has been my new goal , see if Jerry can turn that one into a Mighty Mini Mouse LOL
Zackly.
A ported 026 is enough for most things.
And you can push it if needed.
Instead of the 241.......201 rear handle.
Wow.

One day I will have a ported 026, one day.:(
I had an 090 before I had a ported 026. Lol
Brad ported it for me. I'd run around and delivered a big 2 man saw for him and I had the 026 I had just picked up.
I asked him to look it over if he would.

When I got it back.......it weren't no Flat Lander saw any more.

Brad had a good laugh. ;)

I've just enjoyed the size and power. And doesn't take up a ton of room in the trunk.
I've bought a couple more.

Good to see you around here.

Do you have a husky 372? If so i have a ported oh26 that could use new rings has new seals and it will turn 16.600 16.800 rpm on a digital tach.then a oh 34 to throw in the mix for a good husky

I got my first 026 around 8 years ago, a good friend bought it at a yard sale for $5. It was mostly torn down as far as the case but everything was there but the airfilter. I really don`t know and never figured out why it was torn down in the first place cause I found there was nothing wrong with it as it went back together. It ran fine for a couple of years but I figured I could get a little more out of it if I got to grinding on it, had little to lose if it did not work out. By then I had picked up 3 more 026`s for a total investment of $75. in all 4 of them so I figured what the heck, get to grinding and did so in steps. I have built 25 or more by now and they do really well as an all around saw for me and quite a few others. I run a 20" bar with .325 chain on my wood cutters and they pull that easily in the wood we cut, my bigger saws seldom come out now as a result of the 026 doing so well.

Wow that's a lot of compression Jerry. I know that 026 won't be leaving me. I'm happy with my 2 saw plan :rock:

God I have to unload some parts. I still have way to much hanging around LOL

Good morning everyone!!!

The compression on that one is getting a little too high, it might get a base gasket soon to back it down to 220 or so, it is running with a .015 squish clearance and a slight dome on the piston. Another experimental saw...LOL

You think you have parts...:omg:...LOL

Haha I believe that man. I almost don't have room to work in the shed LOL. I really only wanna keep the parts I MIGHT use. Some stuff I know I won't use and will sit and collect dust.

The only way to really know what will work is by experimenting. I think you got er pretty down pat haha. The might mouse you traded me is a ripper.

The 346 might whoop it maybe , I've had a 346 , not built like an Oh26 , not the Volvo that the Oh26 is , more like a Vega , might get there fast , maybe even in one piece , maybe ....
Mighty mouse , plenty fast and the 3 I own have been as dependable as a brick and plenty of sideways balance after Jerry's been at them .

I'm collecting some new bits.:)
View attachment 428766

Gonna take a while to build it one piece at a time LOL

Back