Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The zip tie idea came from a few Xmas ago when all the kids knew I was the only one that carries a knife. They needed to have all the plastic ties cut that where holding their new truck to the cardboard box, figured it should work for saws too. The to-go containers were my wife's idea she works in a resort in the summer.

The zip tie idea came from a few Xmas ago when all the kids knew I was the only one that carries a knife. They needed to have all the plastic ties cut that where holding their new truck to the cardboard box, figured it should work for saws too. The to-go containers were my wife's idea she works in a resort in the summer.

We have been zip tying them to a thin sheet of plywood and placing them down in the box on top of a sheet of 1/2 - 1 " styrofoam for a couple of years now, do the same with the bars if shipped with the saw, keeps everything in place. All the air pockets need to be filled up tight and of course the top needs to be covered as well, most important that the saw does not move around inside the box at all.
The zip tie holding the rear handle was already broke when I opened the box, likely chaffed off from the box sliding around during handling.

The saw needed a good bath before I open it up,

gkaQwj6Sus-wb2VabopXfCJi_gbnptVXzG0sqHuEvg=w329-h184-p-no
PhVyzB3j4pPonljrhJZo2SvdizDL03INZMLKQqixEQ=w369-h207-p-no
7fj6MbGdlpRE4E9eVzIGS1UvpLCUpKsY2_dMfii04A=w329-h184-p-no
7fj6MbGdlpRE4E9eVzIGS1UvpLCUpKsY2_dMfii04A=w329-h184-p-no
cz-tGZANbyEgVZ5j_n3wQzpo95buDR556oMCyGgKpg=w369-h207-p-no
2ys5EERkzsgSd5DQSN-SLxXLtqJPdhcxEILeqfjdEg=w104-h184-p-no

That's what happens to a saw when it is used in the production of logs, everyday, also carried on the back of a skidder under the winch for weeks on end. It stayed with me everyday after I got a 20' tree stuck in the cab with me. Had to wait for help to cut me out, couldn't even get to my cell phone out of my pocket to call for help. I didn't come back to the landing when Gordon thought I should so he came looking, used my little 26 to cut me out, after he sat there for awhile laughing at me. He had to cut me free twice, I did have to help him out once but I'm smart enough not to laugh, his ability in the woods draws utmost respect, you can laugh having a beer.

That's what happens to a saw when it is used in the production of logs, everyday, also carried on the back of a skidder under the winch for weeks on end. It stayed with me everyday after I got a 20' tree stuck in the cab with me. Had to wait for help to cut me out, couldn't even get to my cell phone out of my pocket to call for help. I didn't come back to the landing when Gordon thought I should so he came looking, used my little 26 to cut me out, after he sat there for awhile laughing at me. He had to cut me free twice, I did have to help him out once but I'm smart enough not to laugh, his ability in the woods draws utmost respect, you can laugh having a beer.

I could tell by the way he handled the 661 that he was a consummate pro.

Back