Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What shape???
Got a link??

Pferd+Double+Beveled+Chisel+Files+%28Each%29_R.jpg

Rain and some stiff winds today, good day to sharpen chains and clean up saws that have been used for a spell cutting softwood. They can use a good bath.

We have had the driest October on record here, no rain what so ever!.....Even our winter was mild, we usually burn around eight cubic mtr of wood in winter, this year less than half of that. We are in a two season pattern..The years of having four well defined seasons seem to be a thing of the past, overall the weather here is warmer and dryer. Interesting when you consider I live in the southern most state on the main land an hour from the coast in the foot hills of what's known as wet sclerophyll forest.

This has been a wet summer for us, the lakes remained very much higher than usual, the big lake where I have my camp hardly dropped a foot this year, most years it drops 4 or more feet vertical between spring and fall, with all this rain today it will rise at least a foot in the next couple of days as the runoff enters from all the brooks and rivers that form its drainage area.

I can't remember the last time we had a 'wet day', the type of day that you'd spend in the shed with the fire burning, catching up on a few jobs or planning the next fishing trip. Most of our rain now comes in the form of Summer thunder storms, these provide good run off for dam storage but the down side is the erosion.

Our rain has been spread out very well and no real flash floods here, heavy rain at times but it all has time to soak into the ground quite well with enough run off to raise water levels in small increases, then the gradual release keeps the water levels quite constant. Been a very good year for this kind of replenishment.

Latest posts

Back