Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Robin that is a super nice place ya have there ! I like that ol Jeep too , had a couple of them long ago . LOL Both had rag tops , not good in winter ! Had to wear my carhart coveralls going anywhere in that dang thing ! LOL And stihl froze muh azz off ! LOL
One thing bout Jeeps , I never had one stuck ! I went through **** no one else would even try in the oil patch ! LOL

Lighter is good, will I'm sure be a fun time getting to know it again. Thanks for your work and expertise. Now I'll really feel like one of the "gang" and will know first hand the true experience. Thanks a million until you're better paid.

Lighter is good, will I'm sure be a fun time getting to know it again. Thanks for your work and expertise. Now I'll really feel like one of the "gang" and will know first hand the true experience. Thanks a million until you're better paid.

You`re welcome, hope it has a long life with you. I will let you put a sticker on it....LOL

You'll really like that Mighty Mouse.......I've run one of Jerry's OH-26's.....he knows how to get quite a bit more zip over a sock one!!! Have to give credit where credit's due.......even if it is a creamsickle.........quick little saw....

The Mighty Mouses have taken right over my cutting needs, hardly tote another saw around any more, The 036 -362 sees only a bit of action now that the wood we are cutting is usually smaller than 12" dia, just no need for a 60 cc saw or bigger.

Carbs, why do I work on them? Meh!! Well this one fought but I didn`t give up and finally beat it!
I gave up on carbs, with 2 right thumbs and 1 left thumb and 8 fat uncoordinated fingers could never get that damn spring, (where did that damn spring go), to go where it belonged. Just bought after market carbs and saved on the cost of blood pressure pills.

I gave up on carbs, with 2 right thumbs and 1 left thumb and 8 fat uncoordinated fingers could never get that damn spring, (where did that damn spring go), to go where it belonged. Just bought after market carbs and saved on the cost of blood pressure pills.

I know, but I have been working with them since around 1962, have done many hundred chainsaw carbs, many ,many outboard motor carbs, automobile carbs and carbs on just about any gasoline burning engines. I don`t let them beat me, too stubborn I guess! Have never lost a spring either...LOL

I lost that little spring once.......then stepped on it looking for it...fortunately it was an HS and I have a box full of those...

Only so much can be done to make the springs easier to place and keep them in place when assembling the metering lever, a small dab of vaseline is all I use to stick the spring to its base, the rest is hit or miss and I rarely miss when placing the lever and axle in its place. I have rather large hands and fingers, should be darn near impossible for me to work with such small parts. Spare parts are often a god save in this repair business.

Only so much can be done to make the springs easier to place and keep them in place when assembling the metering lever, a small dab of vaseline is all I use to stick the spring to its base, the rest is hit or miss and I rarely miss when placing the lever and axle in its place. I have rather large hands and fingers, should be darn near impossible for me to work with such small parts. Spare parts are often a god save in this repair business.

Yep that's what I do too...but usually white lithium grease in a tube as the tip can be cut at just the right dia to fit the hole...just a tiny dab....

Latest posts

Back