Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wee good!!! Got into Portland Jetport and heaved a sigh of relief.....bags made it through too.....amazing thing.....you know what Delta stands for. Right??

D E L T A= Don't Expect Luggage To Arrive.......

Air Canada not much better when flying from here to the States, always a couple to 3 days before the luggage catches up, coming back home no problem. Last trip over to Cali luggage was 3 days catching up but made it home with us on the return trip. Other trips luggage was 1-2 days catching up on flights down, just pack carry on accordingly.

Air Canada not much better when flying from here to the States, always a couple to 3 days before the luggage catches up, coming back home no problem. Last trip over to Cali luggage was 3 days catching up but made it home with us on the return trip. Other trips luggage was 1-2 days catching up on flights down, just pack carry on accordingly.

Yep that's what the bride does.....packs a couple changes of clothes in our carry on bags so if the main luggage doesn't show we can survive fine.....also anything we can't stand losing goes with us too.....like 'putters, cameras, jewelry etc.

Starting to come out of it this morning......got to the shop yesterday morning and the 266 I just built was sitting there in a giant pool of bar oil???........post it note stuck to it...says not oiling??? WTF???? So first I cleaned up the mess and found the oil cap was lose....it needs a new gasket, 23 year old one is hard but will stay tight if you tighten it firmly. Pulled the clutch and found the plastic drive gear stripped....OK...there's the oiling issue...put on a new one....went to put the chain back on....where the FXXX is the chain adjuster??.....No bar pin, no screw....OK...never did like the way Husky did that for awhile with the square plastic washer that holds the screw in.....works fine until it doesn't....obviously the woodboogahs lost the screw and removed the pin.....so I replaced it all with new and installed a lock nut on the very back end of the screw...the way it should have been anyway. Set it all up and started it up....oiling fine.....she is broke in now so I leaned it out a tad and brought the rpm up to spec....just 4 stroking at WOT.....nice running saw....but throwing a very well used 23 year old saw back into production firewood fitting after sitting in the barn ruined for the last 7-8 years will definitely show anything that has the slightest weakness......Mikey said he fit 45 cord of maple/ash/oak/birch @ 16" with it the week before I left...phew.....that's a lot of whirring!!!!

Starting to come out of it this morning......got to the shop yesterday morning and the 266 I just built was sitting there in a giant pool of bar oil???........post it note stuck to it...says not oiling??? WTF???? So first I cleaned up the mess and found the oil cap was lose....it needs a new gasket, 23 year old one is hard but will stay tight if you tighten it firmly. Pulled the clutch and found the plastic drive gear stripped....OK...there's the oiling issue...put on a new one....went to put the chain back on....where the FXXX is the chain adjuster??.....No bar pin, no screw....OK...never did like the way Husky did that for awhile with the square plastic washer that holds the screw in.....works fine until it doesn't....obviously the woodboogahs lost the screw and removed the pin.....so I replaced it all with new and installed a lock nut on the very back end of the screw...the way it should have been anyway. Set it all up and started it up....oiling fine.....she is broke in now so I leaned it out a tad and brought the rpm up to spec....just 4 stroking at WOT.....nice running saw....but throwing a very well used 23 year old saw back into production firewood fitting after sitting in the barn ruined for the last 7-8 years will definitely show anything that has the slightest weakness......Mikey said he fit 45 cord of maple/ash/oak/birch @ 16" with it the week before I left...phew.....that's a lot of whirring!!!!
That is a pile of wood in a hurry !!

That is a pile of wood in a hurry !!

Yep.....Edward hauling tree length to Mike with the skidder.....Mike bucking.....a boy pulling the bucked wood away from the pile with a wood hook...... a couple boyz splitting and loading and old Red hauling it off to the customers in a Dodge 4WD Ton Rack Body Dump with his nitro pills in his pocket.....all day..... every day......

Yep.....Edward hauling tree length to Mike with the skidder.....Mike bucking.....a boy pulling the bucked wood away from the pile with a wood hook...... a couple boyz splitting and loading and old Red hauling it off to the customers in a Dodge 4WD Ton Rack Body Dump with his nitro pills in his pocket.....all day..... every day......
Damn !!

Yep...three men in their early sixty's and three boyz in their early twenty's......they can move a LOT of product.....the old ones can do it steady without fekking up.......the young ones go faster but fekk up....... but they can do it all day long.......and that is not counting veneer logs, saw logs and stud wood......the firewood angle is just gravy....depends on the lot....like I've said earlier... Edward personally wears out 5-6 saws a year.....the current favorite is the 562XP.....they burn them right up....once they start fekking up they are tossed and a new one (or two) is delivered to the lot......can't make product fekking with a beet saw.....and so it goes.....day after day...Ed spent the first 50 years drunk right on his ear.....never made more money than he could drink in day......sobered up when he turned 50.....owns a nice home...has a nice wife....three skidders....a feller buncher on tracks....a forwader w/loader....several 4wd work trucks...plus the aforementioned 4wd Ton truck.....all paid for.....no outstanding debt.....truly an amazing story.....not a soul including Ed himself thought he could possibly have lived passed 40 yr old.....LOL!!

Yep...three men in their early sixty's and three boyz in their early twenty's......they can move a LOT of product.....the old ones can do it steady without fekking up.......the young ones go faster but fekk up....... but they can do it all day long.......and that is not counting veneer logs, saw logs and stud wood......the firewood angle is just gravy....depends on the lot....like I've said earlier... Edward personally wears out 5-6 saws a year.....the current favorite is the 562XP.....they burn them right up....once they start fekking up they are tossed and a new one (or two) is delivered to the lot......can't make product fekking with a beet saw.....and so it goes.....day after day...Ed spent the first 50 years drunk right on his ear.....never made more money than he could drink in day......sobered up when he turned 50.....owns a nice home...has a nice wife....three skidders....a feller buncher on tracks....a forwader w/loader....several 4wd work trucks...plus the aforementioned 4wd Ton truck.....all paid for.....no outstanding debt.....truly an amazing story.....not a soul including Ed himself thought he could possibly have lived passed 40 yr old.....LOL!!
Hell of a story !

Page 1 bump......right on the verge of going page II. Actually ran a couple saws today...Woot!! Ran my 490 and my old friend, the built and ported, bought brand new by me...49SP. Had a standing dead ash tree in muh back yard...no leaves two years running....about 15" dia....perhaps I need to look into my very nice running 490.....it cut good and ran perfect as usual......but the 49SP whooped it azz...badly. The 49SP has a about half worn out Stihl chisel chain...the 490 has a Carlton chipper chain...about 65%. The chipper chain has been real strange.....I've filed the rakers to 0.030 but it doesn't want to bite in...has a tendency to travel back and forth an inch or two before settling on where to cut......I'm not liking that much...of course any machine...including my 120 hoss sawmill hates cutting ash.....but the SP gets right into it......I would hate think it was the Stihl chain....more likely the highly developed Swede saw.....rather than the Partner in red. I am building a stock 490 for a friend...be nice to see how that runs against my used 490....not sure what B&C combo that will get......be used for sure...I have a number to choose from. My 490 is running 3/8" X 0.058 X 7 pin.....the 49SP .325 X 0.058 X 8 pin

You need to run a Stihl saw with that Stihl chain, better still, toss that chipper chain. I only use chipper chains on stumping saws, the one I use most is a free to me Skil 80cc with a 24" bar and chipper chain, it don`t see much run time but handy when needed.

You need to run a Stihl saw with that Stihl chain, better still, toss that chipper chain. I only use chipper chains on stumping saws, the one I use most is a free to me Skil 80cc with a 24" bar and chipper chain, it don`t see much run time but handy when needed.
Jerry you know way better than that , Robin won't own no Steel saw . LOL

Back