Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What oil you run? Run Amsoil 40:1 with Startron!
Have any latest production you want to sell?
My old Orange Top 44 in Ohio ran 14,800 for ten years! Ran Golden Spectro in it! Just finally found one. Been looking for 35 years! But it doesn't run like my old one! Little disappointed tell yah the truth. If I didn't have your saw would probably be bummin'! LOL

I find the oil threads a little silly and perplexing really, the Stihl reg mix oil at 40-1 has run my own saws since 1990 when I got my first 044. There may be better oil out there but my oldest 044 now has surpassed 3000 hours with just one rebuild around 2000 hrs with no oil related issues, combustion chamber stays clean if the engine is tuned properly and no noticeable wear on any parts other than the piston and rings, to be expected. I don`t believe in running the synthetics in my own saws as they never let the saw reach its full potential, always debatable but just my own findings. I havn`t released any of my latest ported parts as yet mostly due to the extent of the work needed and the cylinder requiring the use of Devcon to re seal the exterior of the transfers and inside to re direct the incoming flow. I hope it all stays in place and not break free, so far my own saw is holding up well, it sees 15.500 daily.

I find the oil threads a little silly and perplexing really, the Stihl reg mix oil at 40-1 has run my own saws since 1990 when I got my first 044. There may be better oil out there but my oldest 044 now has surpassed 3000 hours with just one rebuild around 2000 hrs with no oil related issues, combustion chamber stays clean if the engine is tuned properly and no noticeable wear on any parts other than the piston and rings, to be expected. I don`t believe in running the synthetics in my own saws as they never let the saw reach its full potential, always debatable but just my own findings. I havn`t released any of my latest ported parts as yet mostly due to the extent of the work needed and the cylinder requiring the use of Devcon to re seal the exterior of the transfers and inside to re direct the incoming flow. I hope it all stays in place and not break free, so far my own saw is holding up well, it sees 15.500 daily.
Jerry you're too much! You sound like my father and his Machinist Buddy Chester Knapp building cars when I was young up the barn!!
!5,500 is Stupendous for a working saw! Keep at it!! You're the Man!!!
Good Luck with this storm! Only high winds left.....gusts near 50!

Today
emeraoval_20170213-200405_ghuciVAviF5Hx56s.jpg

Yesterday
599ea16bd8d6e0295134e1abe37b4b7f5ef6fe084d83b3eab5352ae8fe7bbab2.jpg

I've been running Stihl , Motul , CanAm injector , Lucas , J'red semi , gallons of the stuffs , no issues yet .
What Jerry didn't tell you is that all his bars are all ported and polished and uses Slick50 for bar lube .

Hope it melts soon for ya !!
T....unreal!!! I was just thinking of you. Looked for yah over in Hogs! Sent yah a PM!
Been a challenge last week!! Weather up and down and all over the place! Half the town has Pnamonia! I'm getting over a flu that's all over the place here too! No eds left in Hospital, ut I do O3 in the bag and bath tub as yah know but today finally in woods clothes! What a relief! Et a lb of bacon today! LOL Ain't my own though!
Love yah Brother! Take care and say Hi to the family for me!
Hang in there! We'll get to Germany yet!!!
Donald's in there! LOL

Latest posts

Back