Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wheres the pix ??

I don`t even bother carrying a camera myself, one of the younger fellas took two picts with his phone camera and that was about it. Been doing this trip for a bit over 30 years, not much has changed back there over that time, same trees, lakes and water. Havn`t taken a pict of a fish for more than 10 years now, they all look the same to me....LOL

I don`t even bother carrying a camera myself, one of the younger fellas took two picts with his phone camera and that was about it. Been doing this trip for a bit over 30 years, not much has changed back there over that time, same trees, lakes and water. Havn`t taken a pict of a fish for more than 10 years now, they all look the same to me....LOL
Sounds like a good time was had by all....

b03ebcf2a95f039f78563f6f99b24203.jpg
8a5ba00c5e34d281c6bf2dcc2d489394.jpg

Been a nice week here...no rain...no snow.....guess summer has arrived finally. The old fella and I have jacked the Beemer shed 18" up in the air and the cement guy should come by to day to make sure we have it ready for his crew and put slab on his schedule. I think he'll be happy, we got two sets of external cribworks about 5' from each corner with 12' 6 X 6 spruce spanning diagonally between them and the building sills sitting on those......he won't be able to power trowel the very corners but the entire rest of the floor is clear.....he'll have to hand float the corners. Bassackwards way of building......but that's what the old fella wanted....so that's what he gets. He's having fun doing the work and being part of the project. We get this done and the building down and doors installed and a new man door framed in and installed, then it's back to saw work for a bit clearing a spot right to the left of the Beemer shed big enough to put in another 20 X 28 foot slab.........this will be the flat spot where we will install a used 12,000 lb, two post car lift he has kicking around......no building.....just an outdoor lift.....this will be very handy for pressure washing and maintaining the underside of vehicles. He already has two lifts in the heated metal building......he likes his toys...and I like that I have access to this stuff to use as needed.!!!

Been a nice week here...no rain...no snow.....guess summer has arrived finally. The old fella and I have jacked the Beemer shed 18" up in the air and the cement guy should come by to day to make sure we have it ready for his crew and put slab on his schedule. I think he'll be happy, we got two sets of external cribworks about 5' from each corner with 12' 6 X 6 spruce spanning diagonally between them and the building sills sitting on those......he won't be able to power trowel the very corners but the entire rest of the floor is clear.....he'll have to hand float the corners. Bassackwards way of building......but that's what the old fella wanted....so that's what he gets. He's having fun doing the work and being part of the project. We get this done and the building down and doors installed and a new man door framed in and installed, then it's back to saw work for a bit clearing a spot right to the left of the Beemer shed big enough to put in another 20 X 28 foot slab.........this will be the flat spot where we will install a used 12,000 lb, two post car lift he has kicking around......no building.....just an outdoor lift.....this will be very handy for pressure washing and maintaining the underside of vehicles. He already has two lifts in the heated metal building......he likes his toys...and I like that I have access to this stuff to use as needed.!!!
Sounds like a damn nice place !!

Just picked up a stainless Raker prop fer the Bayliner, always pays to have more than one prop just in case!

You'll probably find the your boat behaves considerably different with a stainless prop, even of the exact same diameter and pitch, especially at or near WOT. Aluminum props work well and are relatively inexpensive but lose a certain amount of cup and pitch as power increases......literally "Flattening" out the blades and becoming less efficient at speed. Stainless props maintain their shape and deliver numbers much closer to the stated ones on the prop when under a heavy load......

You'll probably find the your boat behaves considerably different with a stainless prop, even of the exact same diameter and pitch, especially at or near WOT. Aluminum props work well and are relatively inexpensive but lose a certain amount of cup and pitch as power increases......literally "Flattening" out the blades and becoming less efficient at speed. Stainless props maintain their shape and deliver numbers much closer to the stated ones on the prop when under a heavy load......

I have read that everywhere on boating forums and boat/engine literature so I figured give a stainless prop a go. This stainless prop weighs 3 times as much as the alum prop I have now but until I try it I really won`t know how much better it is. It`s a Viper brand prop, I have read good things about them.

I have read that everywhere on boating forums and boat/engine literature so I figured give a stainless prop a go. This stainless prop weighs 3 times as much as the alum prop I have now but until I try it I really won`t know how much better it is. It`s a Viper brand prop, I have read good things about them.

Hope it works out for you....pretty spendy.....did you stay with the same dia. and pitch?

Back