Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No tree cutting in that area, big fine and confiscation of equipment if caught. Not very likely to be anyone there that day but Dan found a skidplate in the road on the trip out, it wasn`t there on the trip in.
Not much of a plate if she fell off.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

"Nuther splendid, sunny day on the Beautiful Rockbound Coast of Maine.......go to work for three hours then meet my friend John and go out on "Duck Soup" a Brooklin Boat Yard built 26' open cold molded, Down East style boat with a 260 hoss turbo diesel with jet drive. Gonna spend the afternoon watching the "Atlantic Class" sailboat Nationals races...34-36 Atlantics in the field.....big deal for these folks.....they been racing all week.....come from all ovah.....finals tomorrow....BIG PARTY tomorrow night.....see if the trophy stays here or heads south to New York or Rhode Island. Be a fun afternoon on the bay sipping beverages and riding in a classy jet boat.

http://brooklinboatyard.com/duck-soup-2/

Good deal Danny...price reduced!!!!

"Nuther splendid, sunny day on the Beautiful Rockbound Coast of Maine.......go to work for three hours then meet my friend John and go out on "Duck Soup" a Brooklin Boat Yard built 26' open cold molded, Down East style boat with a 260 hoss turbo diesel with jet drive. Gonna spend the afternoon watching the "Atlantic Class" sailboat Nationals races...34-36 Atlantics in the field.....big deal for these folks.....they been racing all week.....come from all ovah.....finals tomorrow....BIG PARTY tomorrow night.....see if the trophy stays here or heads south to New York or Rhode Island. Be a fun afternoon on the bay sipping beverages and riding in a classy jet boat.

http://brooklinboatyard.com/duck-soup-2/

Good deal Danny...price reduced!!!!
Nice but I am not seeing $200k worth. Maybe I am missing something...I see $125-140...maybe they really dont want to sell.

Enjoy the day Robin...better than the forecast day for me.
8035fa49248fc4ec252e81d2395f142e.jpg

I agree.......but it's a one-off design and build....hand made...probably cost more like $240-$250 to build. These kinda folks don't bicker about chump change like that.....but that said it's been for sale for a couple years.....the owner has a fleet...no rush to sell....plus John gets to use it anytime....

Small enough to be handy.
Built to be able.
The boat I grew up learning to ski behind and all was only a 16'. Now a days people think you have to have a 21-24' to do anything. 24' I have been 60 miles off shore in. Now it has to be a calm day...but it can be done.

I am torn between a Whaler or just a 16x48 aluminum Jon boat. Both capable but simple.

http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/200.../Virginia-Beach/VA/United-States#.WZ7ESvcpDgA

This one is renamed and lifted right now...its home port has changed too...not at liberty but it was priced at a reasonable price considering that launch.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

That's more like what that kinda money should buy.....was talking with John while on the water yesterday...he said Duck Soup's price was being reduced by 50 g's....said it only had about 25 gals of diesel through it this summer...the owner has to many boats to choose from. Stihl an expensive launch.....but , boy a nice one!! We were out all afternoon chasing the racers then afterwards we ran around Long Island at about 30 knts.....there is just nothing that rides like a wooden boat...she is real heavy and rides like a Caddy.....no pounding or smacking through the waves.....real tight and solid.....very nice craft...alas.....I'll have to make do with my Seaway and take a tiny grain of comfort knowing that it is a tad faster than Duck Soup on a flat water run....

That's more like what that kinda money should buy.....was talking with John while on the water yesterday...he said Duck Soup's price was being reduced by 50 g's....said it only had about 25 gals of diesel through it this summer...the owner has to many boats to choose from. Stihl an expensive launch.....but , boy a nice one!! We were out all afternoon chasing the racers then afterwards we ran around Long Island at about 30 knts.....there is just nothing that rides like a wooden boat...she is real heavy and rides like a Caddy.....no pounding or smacking through the waves.....real tight and solid.....very nice craft...alas.....I'll have to make do with my Seaway and take a tiny grain of comfort knowing that it is a tad faster than Duck Soup on a flat water run....
I am sure she does ride nice... and it has some nice lines especially in the water. I'll never have to worry about the cost of a maintenance on it or one like it though.

I will build a wooden boat at some point. My grandfather did and enjoyed it on the Niagara River. Dad built a small hydro plane. I'll build something....probably small. Almost certainly from a kit... but I'll do one as I have talked about it for 25 years or so. Use to want to build a small tunnel hull....now it may be a wooden skiff? Nothing fancy.

I am sure she does ride nice... and it has some nice lines especially in the water. I'll never have to worry about the cost of a maintenance on it or one like it though.

I will build a wooden boat at some point. My grandfather did and enjoyed it on the Niagara River. Dad built a small hydro plane. I'll build something....probably small. Almost certainly from a kit... but I'll do one as I have talked about it for 25 years or so. Use to want to build a small tunnel hull....now it may be a wooden skiff? Nothing fancy.

Yep that's on my to do list as well......I milled some clear white pine boards 18" wide by 16' over 20 yrs ago.....my father was a boat builder and we were going to build two 12' long skiffs.....the wide pine board were milled from opposite sides of the heart in sets of two....these were to be used for the sides as they would have similar but opposite bending properties and the transoms would come from the left over 3-4' board ends. He passed before we got to it......I still have the "kits"....

Latest posts

Back