Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmmmm......that's to bad Unc.....but I guess making round things on the roundy turney machine is stihl superior to trying to make square things on the roundy turney machine.....just sayin'......
That was a project in school.
Make a cube.......size doesn’t matter.
Just make an accurate cube.......
Round things be easier.....

Ich5yBF.jpg

346HexPee killah !

Speaking of Xtra Pee......Edward......you've heard me talk of Edward......he goes through a half dozen saw a year......takes absolutely no care of them...when off duty they live in the back of his truck or on the skiddah......the only tyme they get to come indoor is they are beat then he puts them in his garage and saves them...LOL....so Ed brings me a 562 XP yesterday that had lost a valiant battle between the skiddah tyre and a big oak tree....trigger handle was offset quite a ways and top cover squashed so he brings it and a donor saw wants me to change parts out. Donor saw is locked up...can't budge the pull cord. Says he took the broke one to the dealer and they told him it was broke so he tossed it in the truck with others and then put in the garage.

Gonna rain today so I figgered I get after it......stripped the good saw then took the B&C off the donor.......big chunk of clutch shoe fell out on the floor........now she turns ovah fine!!! Called Ed told him and he's bringin' me a 'nuther broke one.....looks like he'll get two Extra Pees back in the fleet.....LOL!!!

You musta fergot to put gas in your 346......methinks....

I dunno Robin , I pull the cord on the Killah , it starts hot or cold , it idles fine and it don't flop over just before you go to pick it up .
Since it's a smallish cc saw I know what to expect , the "Legendary" 346 LackLustre HextraPee , well , all I heard was the sound of a deflating balloon every time I pulled the trigger .

Poor poor Edward ...
He may as well get a Yellar Poolan , might see that one before an incident happens , if not he'd save a few bucks lol

Chainsaws are just a tool to Edward......and Edward nevah heard the sayin' "Take care of your tools and they will take care of you"!! As I said, he buys 5-6 'spensive saws a year and quite simply uses them up and when they fail he's on the cell to Dean (dealer) and another shows up in his wood yard where ever that me be......Edward is a good customer!!!

Chainsaws are just a tool to Edward......and Edward nevah heard the sayin' "Take care of your tools and they will take care of you"!! As I said, he buys 5-6 'spensive saws a year and quite simply uses them up and when they fail he's on the cell to Dean (dealer) and another shows up in his wood yard where ever that me be......Edward is a good customer!!!

Edward is a good consumer!

Edward is a good consumer!
LOL!! Yes he is.......and a very good producer too!!! He was here yesterday at noon already cut and yarded four loads of tree length hardwood at 8 cord each...loaded up and sent away by noon.....he was pretty beat and was headed to his camp on the lake for the afternoon as it was starting to rain...Edward likes the weight and speed of his "diaspoable" 562 XP saws....when you can rack up $4000.00 worth of wood and deliver it before noon a $7-800 saw every couple months doesn't mean much.......Edwards saws never last long enough to ever need the usual things like fuel lines and filters...spark plugs etc.....Edward laughs and says " Ya know...when they start to smell like burning tar paper it's time for a new one"...LOL!!!

LOL!! Yes he is.......and a very good producer too!!! He was here yesterday at noon already cut and yarded four loads of tree length hardwood at 8 cord each...loaded up and sent away by noon.....he was pretty beat and was headed to his camp on the lake for the afternoon as it was starting to rain...Edward likes the weight and speed of his "diaspoable" 562 XP saws....when you can rack up $4000.00 worth of wood and deliver it before noon a $7-800 saw every couple months doesn't mean much.......Edwards saws never last long enough to ever need the usual things like fuel lines and filters...spark plugs etc.....Edward laughs and says " Ya know...when they start to smell like burning tar paper it's time for a new one"...LOL!!!

Yep, that`s the way a lot /many of the guys that work woods as owner ops work and use disposable tools like saws. I knew several like him that had 40 - 50 old beat saws piled up in a side building. Only clean them up every 10 years or so when the models change so much spare parts are no longer swappable. One such guy had around 40 Jonsereds when he retired, all less than 10 years old and either beat, damaged or parts picked. Sold the lot of them for $200. just to get them out of his shop, most were 6 series saws from 625-670`s that were used for mostly medium sized hardwood firewood production.

God I hate trees. 5 wheel barrels full of branches that came down in the storm the other day, just off my lawn. And I dont even have a big enough lawn to justify a riding mower. Between this and the leaves its time to clear cut.

God I hate trees. 5 wheel barrels full of branches that came down in the storm the other day, just off my lawn. And I dont even have a big enough lawn to justify a riding mower. Between this and the leaves its time to clear cut.

Yeah I heard you guy had quite a time little episode with the wind, rain and thunder the other day.....been pretty calm here.....all those storms seem to either go out to sea below us or cross the state above us ...like the Bangor area etc.

A few pics from the 2018 Stonington lobsta boat races on 7/08/18..........Lot of spectators rafted up spectating....Absolutely beautiful day. With the exception of one boats, these are all working daily lobster boats......the vast majority running diesels in the 600 to 1200 horsepower range and boats in the 30 foot to 40 foot plus range with some of them running stock engine settings but many turned up for race day!!!!

2018 Lobsterboat Races 344.JPG 2018 Lobsterboat Races 345.JPG 2018 Lobsterboat Races 366.JPG

Back