Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The starter pulley needs to be bigger maybe?

John...one thing to check on your starter, is make sure it is full of rope. Get as many winds on it as it will possibly hold without binding. This will essentially give you the largest pully you can get and the most leverage when pulling over. Maybe it's there now but an extra half an inch in radius can make a big difference. Just a thought.....

Morning John...Cold and rainy here....and dim..another shop day...with the stove going...thought I was going to have a half cord of shop wood left over......now it looks like I might not have enough to get through the summer!!

Maybe some of this heat wave will get your way?You can some of the rain too! LOL I still have a good cord of wood left yet.Hope I don't need any more of it! LOL

Trying to trade this 031 Stihl for a 621 J-Red.Guy said he has to think about it? Not in bad shape just needs muffler bolts.

621 is a very nice old saw John.....It was basically the flagship of the 70s Jonsereds line up and is a "True" Jonsereds. Probably the very best all around saw they ever built. Only 56cc but pull a 20" 3/8" chisel chain all day long. I have seen some that had absolutely no pain tleft on them covers cracked handles bent still pulling over 200 lbs comp. Truely built like a tank and as such, a tad on the heavy side to lug around but good in a wood pile.

In 1977, when I bought my first 49SP, I drooled over the 621s at the dealers but at twice the price was beyond my means. That put them at about three times the price of a Mac 10-10 at the same time.

Times change...now I have three excellent runers and have been aquiring cases, P&C, carb, recoil, clutch cover etc. all NOS to build a 621 from scratch from new parts..still missing a couple things and may end up having to make do with a couple minor used parts..

Last edited:
621 is a very nice old saw John.....It was basically the flagship of the 70s Jonsereds line up and is a "True" Jomsereds. Probably the very best all around saw they ever built. Only 56cc but pull a 20" 3/8" chisel chain all day long. I have seen some that had absolutely no pain tleft on them covers cracked handles bent still pulling over 200 lbs comp. Truely built like a tank and as such, a tad on the heavy side to lug around but good in a wood pile.

In 1977, when I bought my first 49SP, I drooled over the 621s at the dealers but at twice the price was beyond my means. That put them at about three times the price of a Mac 10-10 at the same time.

Times change...now I have three excellent runers and have been aquiring cases, P&C, carb, recoil, clutch cover etc. all NOS to build a 621 from scratch from new parts..still missing a couple things and may end up having to make do with a couple minor used parts..

Sure sounds good! I like the looks of it too.The top cover has a little crack in it but the rest looks good.If i get it and happen not to like it? I know where to send it :hmm3grin2orange:

Sure sounds good! I like the looks of it too.The top cover has a little crack in it but the rest looks good.If i get it and happen not to like it? I know where to send it :hmm3grin2orange:

They always crack right around the air filter cover......truely rare to find one uncracked and/or still sporting the plastic snap on sparkplug cap. None of mine are cracked now but I only have 2 plug covers!!

Latest posts

Back