Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Luv the old COEs!

Had a '63 chevy van back in the late '70s, 50s all around and extra leaf springs on all four corners.

283 Corvette engine 3 on da tree, it was the only vehicle I ever owned (and I have owned some fast ones)

That would consistently pull 3- 4 foot wheelies!
HaHaHa !! A friend of mine had a 51 Ford pickup like that.....456 rears....C-6.....430 T-Bird (Lincoln) motor.....always an uneasy feeling on these narrow country roads with the headlights shining in the tree tops and you can't see where your headed.....makes a few seconds feel like forever!!!!! Van probably better.....can see anyway.....LOL!!!

Not a plush ride by any explanation!

But when you are 19 years old and have a father that ran the best damned garage in town, it seemed to be the catz arse eh?

And the girls really really liked it!

This is the style of truck I remember, we had one, it was an ex wrecker we stripped down and made a woods truck out of it,

800px-ChevroletCMPTruck.jpg

Kewl!

I like the old Dodge 'bambulance" behind it too!

We could pick those old military vehicles up for cheap back in the 60-70`s. Some times we just got them for towing them away. The short version of the C60 made a great woods truck, could turn them around in their own length, very handy in the woods, mount a 5 ton power takeoff winch on the front and ya had a swamp buggy.

We always caught hell 'playin in da woods'

We did have a very cool place to mud when I was a kid.

Couple square miles of old clay tile mill ponds and swamps.

**** it became a golf course.

I live right out by there now.

When we had our pond dug, I can see why we had a tile kiln in town back then.

Got down 'bout 5 - 6 feet and had nothing but blue clay!

Don't think they dug up ANY rocks or stones?

Okay. Gotta stop lazing and go yet to start up and tune a saw. Then time to set up a game/movie room downstairs. Wife was at the VFW with dad the other day eating lunch and the VFW was getting a new tv and getting rid of an older big screen for free. Our new gaming and movie room Hitachi tv:

6eqenaje.jpg

Rick

Morning guys.

I have been thinking of doing some more cutaway engines?

Did a cutaway lawn mower engine a few years back for a display at the local fair. People really liked that!

Might sacrifice one of my old skilsaw chainsaws for it..... Probably their best use.......

Sometime I would like to do a cutaway air cooled beetle engine.
THAT would be cool!

Back