Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All is good here....I finally wore myself out for the day. How has everyone been ? All the regulars still coming in here?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

All is good here....I finally wore myself out for the day. How has everyone been ? All the regulars still coming in here?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I guess someone should send you the memo LOL
John had a thumb war with the Grim Reaper and won if you didn't already know , most of the regulars are here with a few new ones , when the site went down we pulled up a table at saw ***** and kept going , most are a little more active over there because of less restrictions and some of AS's more colourful members are there because of AS politics .

Mornin' All......it's a winter wonderland out there this morning....only got about 3" but it's that heavy wet snow....no wind so it stuck to everything....every branch, twig, power line...everything covered. Went down to Stonington last night to have supper with two other couples.....old friends that helped so much at our island wedding last summer.....we brought a Saab full of grub from Barncastle.....some amber beverages....etc. Had a great meal then went down to town where part of the local "Winterfest" was going on. Real big deal for the locals....big party after most all the flatlanders have run away....lobster boat parades, competitions, dance etc...two day event.....huge $$$$$$ in the lobster catch the last couple yrs...big party!!!! Anyway it was snowing very hard and we all went to watch the fireworks.......now I've seen some pretty darn impressive fireworks before like NYC 1976 4th Bicentennial.......but this was absolutely stunning.......very large show......and the real high displays ,that had a lot of bright white light were unbelievable in the snow. The finale was killer...had you rocking back on yer heels and laughing uncontrollably.....I meeeen....... it was fireworks with an island attitude!!!! They have an annual display on the 4rth, over the harbor which we always watch from our boat.....real good display....all the boaters and summer people have a good time.......but this was different.....more.....better......huge....like a well kept island secret.......just put on, by and for the people that fish and winter there.....35 mph all the way home.....heavy snow couldn't see well but we paddled right along in the Saab, those studded snows doing their job..no problem...
We used to see the fireworks off the California coast.
It's a cresent so yo could see from around San Diego to above LA.
Best ever was at the "Burning of the Castle" in Heildeburg Germany. Castle sits above the river and boats have dinner cruises for the fireworks.
Mongo thought it would be great to be o top of the castle for the show.
It went off around me. I loved it. Some thought otherwise.

At our company picnic in July......the owner always puts one a heck of fireworks display!

We get to sit almost under them!

Back