Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After all the heavy rain we got a dusting of snow again, temps are just below freezing so it won`t melt anytime soon. I have some trees to drop today so the 362 and an old 028 will see some cutting duties.
VERY GOOD FRIEND OF MINE IN SE OHIO, PAUL HOUSTON HAD A O28. THAT SAW SAVED US COMING HOME EMPTY HANDED WITH FIREWOOD MORE THAN ONCE. I HAD MY OLD O32 AND AN ORANGE TOP 44 THAT WAS ONE AMAZING SMALL SAW. THE FEW TIMES THE ELECTRONIC IGNITIONS WOULDNT START THAT O28 ALWAYS DID! WE CHANGED THE PTS EVERY FALL AND IT WOULD ALWAYS START ALL WINTER. GREAT SAW!
HAPPY THANKSGIVING JERRY..AND ALL THE BOYS. YOU ALL ARE... THE VERY " FINEST KIND!"

VERY GOOD FRIEND OF MINE IN SE OHIO, PAUL HOUSTON HAD A O28. THAT SAW SAVED US COMING HOME EMPTY HANDED WITH FIREWOOD MORE THAN ONCE. I HAD MY OLD O32 AND AN ORANGE TOP 44 THAT WAS ONE AMAZING SMALL SAW. THE FEW TIMES THE ELECTRONIC IGNITIONS WOULDNT START THAT O28 ALWAYS DID! WE CHANGED THE PTS EVERY FALL AND IT WOULD ALWAYS START ALL WINTER. GREAT SAW!
HAPPY THANKSGIVING JERRY..AND ALL THE BOYS. YOU ALL ARE... THE VERY " FINEST KIND!"
Great to hear from you ,Bobby. I to have a lot of respect for those 028`s and their dependability. I used one today along with the 362 carbed, that 028 Super is no slouch, it has just 3 tanks of fuel through it since it got a NOS , P&C put in. It passed all its tests today on 12" hard maple so its ready to go to a new owner. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

Yes it has. I’m still kicking. Just busy. About three weeks ago we cut firewood. First time I’ve ran a big saw in probably a year. Most of my chainsawing is with 201t or Milwaukee in the bucket at work. Still in love. Just hit 2 year anniversary. Looking to make it official soon. Got a 6 year old tiny human, and a year and a half old Labrador now. We’re always on the go

Hope you are doing well friend

Hi friends

Yes it has. I’m still kicking. Just busy. About three weeks ago we cut firewood. First time I’ve ran a big saw in probably a year. Most of my chainsawing is with 201t or Milwaukee in the bucket at work. Still in love. Just hit 2 year anniversary. Looking to make it official soon. Got a 6 year old tiny human, and a year and a half old Labrador now. We’re always on the go

Hope you are doing well friend
Take care friend, seems you are doing well.

Beautiful pics Robin. The camp looks much more weatherproof now, got to keep the water outs them.
Thanks Jerry.....It is way tighter even with just Typar on it!! Next Phase is to put the remaining three 6 X 6 sills under it and level it up then I'll be able cedar shingle it. Be tight as a drum then. Have one more window to puit in the front wall yet. Nice to have light in there now.....plenty more to do!!! It will be home to my solar panels, inverter and battery bank as well as storage and shop space.

PAGE SIX BUMP!!!!!!

34 Hickory stair treads going out today......half (one flight) returned on the left end and the other half (second flight) returned on both ends. Also 50 feet of 4 1/2" wide nosing for the landings too in that order.

View attachment 947486View attachment 947487
That is the first tread I ever seen made of Hickory, not the most common hardwood used in construction so I take it this client wanted something different.

That is the first tread I ever seen made of Hickory, not the most common hardwood used in construction so I take it this client wanted something different.
Yeah.......all the floors are Hickory so they wanted the stairs to match. I have not ever done anything in Hickory either. Was not expensive as other hardwoods I commonly use. I buy rough KD lumber from a firm in Mass that runs a truck up here twice a week. Most cabinet grade woods average $8-$10 per BFT wholesale and some much higher. But FAS Hickory was like $3.10/BFT delivered. I'll get a couple pics of the finished treads before they leave the shop. Pretty nice stuff but a fair amount of degrade to cull out....

Back