Sure it was 90 degrees and humid today, but I want to fire up my new stove!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Valkyrie Rider

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I'm really itching to try out my new to me Quadra Fire 3100 Millenium. I just drove from CT to PA this morning, helped move all my moms stuff with my brother and two cousins into a "POD" (one of those storage things they deliver to your house, then they move it to your new place to unload it) since she sold her house and is moving to a condo..... then loaded up the 2 year old Quadra Fire 3100 and a lawn tractor and a few other things into my F-250 and headed back to CT.

I'm hoping to pipe it into my chimney tomorrow if the hardware store has stove pupe in stock this time of year, if they do, I think I may have to start a fire just to try it no matter how hot and humid it has been up here!

stove

great stove its alil hot but i know how you feel ,start it up . good luck with the stove

Good score friend. Its hot and humid here, and I cant wait till it cools off enough to fire up the stove again.

If I can get the pipe tomorrow, I'm going to have to try it out!

I used it one time with crap wet wood she had out back and it worked pretty well. Good enough that I had to open the sliding door to the deck to let some heat out, although I had to leave the door open to get it going for a while and couldn't use the auto feature the stove has.

Hopefully it is easier for my wife to feed this winter then the stove we have been using (Englander 24-ACD). It hasn't been bad, but making sure the catalyst is to temp before setting it up for a long burn was a bit of a babysitting procedure. I was able to do it in 15 min or less, but she wasn't as good at reading the splits she chose and it took her a lot longer many times.

I also have wood that has been cut and split for 2-3 years to burn this season, as well as next years all cut to length, just needing to be split (well some/ lots doesn't need to be split as its 3-6" diameter already).

Latest posts

Back