Swap meet...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SawGarage

SawGarage

Addicted to ArboristSite
Shane ;)

I gotta agree with the two old-as-dirt farts above :laugh: :poke: :jester:... Although it could be the main jet into the 'bowl' area that's clogged, IIRC :bang:... It's A small brass piece with a small hole.

If not, maybe I can help :)

Last edited:
Jacob J.
I'm finding myself in need of a carb for a Husqvarna 353 guys. traded an old poulan I got for it. it runs sweet at idle but needs the high speed jet turned right out to get it to 4 stroke. I pulled it apart expecting it to be dirty but it was all pitted beyond repair. looks to me like it sat for a while with water in it then the guy cleaned it and traded it off to me :( owell once I get a carb it will be good to go. runs real nice with the high speed turned way out but want a new carb because I just can't live knowing the carb body is pitted internally. please PM me if you can help me out :cheers:

I have plenty of those carbs.

Big_Wood

Big_Wood

westcoast dweller
the carb is absolutely shot. I should have took a pic but I threw it back on the saw. looks deseased on the metering side of the carb. amazed it even runs. I blew it out good with near 175 psi ;) Jacob if you could hook me up that would be great. I know if you ship it to me it will be here in a week. jay is helping me out alot already on another deal :msp_sneaky: I may have something you need :msp_thumbup:

Big_Wood

Big_Wood

westcoast dweller
oh ya and Aaron and neal. i'm not trying to sound like a know more then you guys at all but I am here diagnosing the saw in person and I know clean and clear that it ain't crank seals. i removed the limiters and opened up the high speed. it runs like a brand new saw. i could just keep using it like that but the fact that the carb is seriously pitted will bug me forever unless i replace it. nice new looking saw besides that. i actually cut quite a bit of wood with it today and it ran flawlessly but the high speed is 4 turns out. every saw with blown crankseals i have worked on hunts around and seems like you can never get it tuned properly. this thing is tuned mint right now but 4 turns out ain't right.

Last edited:
Eccentric

Eccentric

Mister Wizard
Shane ;)

I gotta agree with the two old-as-dirt farts above... Although it could be the main jet into the 'bowl' area that's clogged, IIRC :bang:... It's A small brass piece with a small hole.

If not, maybe I can help :)

Now wait just a damn minute. Who you callin' "old-as-dirt farts" Jay???...:msp_angry:

oh ya and Aaron and neal. i'm not trying to sound like a know more then you guys at all but I am here diagnosing the saw in person and I know clean and clear that it ain't crank seals. i removed the limiters and opened up the high speed. it runs like a brand new saw. i could just keep using it like that but the fact that the carb is seriously pitted will bug me forever unless i replace it. nice new looking saw besides that. i actually cut quite a bit of wood with it today and it ran flawlessly but the high speed is 4 turns out. every saw with blown crankseals i have worked on hunts around and seems like you can never get it tuned properly. this thing is tuned mint right now but 4 turns out ain't right.

It's your saw bro. I misunderstood your earlier post to mean that the saw would only run with the H needle WAY out. That means air leak to me. I've had saws with bad crank seals and other air leaks run 'right' at 2-4 turns out. That's how the saws came to me. Well meaning folks will try to 'tune out' air leaks...

Last edited:
Eccentric

Eccentric

Mister Wizard
I'm finding myself in need of a carb for a Husqvarna 353 guys. traded an old poulan I got for it. it runs sweet at idle but needs the high speed jet turned right out to get it to 4 stroke. pulled it apart expecting it to be dirty but it was all pitted beyond repair. looks to me like it sat for a while with water in it then the guy cleaned it and traded it off to me :( owell once I get a carb it will be good to go. runs real nice with the high speed turned way out but want a new carb because I just can't live knowing the carb body is pitted internally. please PM me if you can help me out :cheers:

The source of my confusion....

SawGarage

SawGarage

Addicted to ArboristSite
Now wait just a damn minute. Who you callin' "old-as-dirt farts" Jay???...:msp_angry:

It's your saw bro. I misunderstood your earlier post to mean that the saw would only run with the H needle WAY out. That means air leak to me. I've had saws with bad crank seals and other air leaks run 'right' at 2-4 turns out. That's how the saws came to me. Well meaning folks will try to 'tune out' air leaks...

LOLOLOL. :laugh: just tryin to get your Attention, tis all :)

Shoot me a PM if your still needing stuff, I'm not sure?? Where we left off....??

:cheers:

Brushwacker

Brushwacker

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
In need of a large mount husky bar, 20" 3/8" .050 72dl. I have a couple things to trade or a paypal account

I have a few gb titanium, (same as 009 mount) labled Husqvarna and an laminate off an Makita - Dolmar unused.
I could use some new or like new semi chisel .o50 3/8 Stihl or Carlton chain, new or newish 3/8 rim sprockets, Could use a few .404 master links and I think a couple other sizes I'm short on. If you had a newish 16" 3/8 .050 Stihl for an 026 maybe or ?

HittinSteel

HittinSteel

Addicted to ArboristSite
I have a few gb titanium, (same as 009 mount) labled Husqvarna and an laminate off an Makita - Dolmar unused.
I could use some new or like new semi chisel .o50 3/8 Stihl or Carlton chain, new or newish 3/8 rim sprockets, Could use a few .404 master links and I think a couple other sizes I'm short on. If you had a newish 16" 3/8 .050 Stihl for an 026 maybe or ?

Thanks for the offer, but I've been taken care of.

lumberjackchef

lumberjackchef

Addicted to ArboristSite
Need a couple things to fit a poulan pro 335--Clutch cover, adjuster screw, e-clip and adjustment pin. Doesn't have to be in perfect condition or in the yellow color, green ones off a 3000 and that series fit as well.

Modifiedmark

John, I think I can help ya with the 026 bar.

tbone75
Anyone happen to have a brake handle for a 521 J-Reds ? I know its a tough one,but never know till ya ask. TIA !!

Got one thanks to Bplust ! Thanks Brian !

Now I need something even harder to find it seems ? LOL

A heater switch for the same saw. PLEASE ! LOL

Last edited:
bplust

bplust

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
I'm looking for a plastic brake handle with the locking spring for a Husqvarna 254 SE. I think that one off of a 238 or a 242 should work.

The part number "501 87 48" is on the handle.

For the same saw, I also need the choke button.

Parts or dollars to trade. Thanks in advance!