Swap meet...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks!

Anyone know of parts that arent compatible between the 50 and 51/55?

Small stuff mostly. The early 50's (white top) used a different top cover and starter housing.

ALL 50's had the choke mounted in the filter, and controlled by a slide 'switch' on the top cover... With that being said, the filter, filter mount, carb, choke lever (or lack of) fuel tank (50 has a trigger lock) etc are not even close to interchanging...

Other differences: flywheel (2 keyways on the flywheel) pawls are different, recoil looks different, wrap handle is thinner...

Jay

:D. JJ, when is a good time to call ya again? :)

would the mag version work for you? I don't recall having the plastic unit.... :)

NEED a coil for a Stihl FS80R weed whacker. The ones on the smaller ones don't fit.

Got plenty to trade ! Cash and parts ! TIA

Think I got one ?

John,

Would a KM110R, or KM130R work for you? These are 4-mix.... :confused:

J

Added a very nice (running) Wright C50-D to the collection yesterday in need of a top cover and air filter. Already checked with Ray Parrish and came up empty there. Nothing on the Bay (or anywhere else I checked), either, though I admittedly haven't spent a ton o' time turning over every rock yet. Figured it made more sense to check here first before getting all frustrated

Please PM if you can hook me up. Cash and misc parts to trade.

TIA.

I'm needing a coil for a ms250.... 210,230, 021, 023, 025 will all work.
I also need a good piston, possibly a jug for a Green Machine 4000J brush trimmer. Any body have parts for these... or any info on them? :help:
Could use a AF cover for it also, but the P/C I need to get it running.
I have tons of parts to trade.

I'm needing a coil for a ms250.... 210,230, 021, 023, 025 will all work.
I also need a good piston, possibly a jug for a Green Machine 4000J brush trimmer. Any body have parts for these... or any info on them? :help:
Could use a AF cover for it also, but the P/C I need to get it running.
I have tons of parts to trade.

I don't know the models, but I have 2-3 Green Machine trimmers in the pile. I'm headed out of town for a week, but if you don't find what you need by then, remind me.

That 1125-121-7700 "guide piece" is $1.49 at a Stihl dealer. 036 uses the same piece. I'm rebuilding another 036 and need one too. Be happy to pick one up for ya if you don't have a decent dealer nearby. I have two within 20 miles that maintain excellent inventory or can usually get what I need in a day.

Can't help on the muffler stuff.

Last edited:
Ted, are covers from PM700's or Double Eagle 80's the same? I have a 800 in the shop, I could check for compatibility later.

Hi Ed! Good to hear from you, nice (although short) chat we had the other day ..

To answer your question, the PM700 and DE80 have differing covers.

The clutch cover I seek is like the one in the picture below. This style was on the PM800/PM805/8200/DE80. See the ribs on top of the muffler area (there are also some on the rear)? All help is appreciated!

Last edited:
Looking for a fuel tank/oil tank/engine housing for a stihl 021-025/250 flippy caps or not . Have cash and corroding magnesium to trade.

That 1125-121-7700 "guide piece" is $1.49 at a Stihl dealer. 036 uses the same piece. I'm rebuilding another 036 and need one too. Be happy to pick one up for ya if you don't have a decent dealer nearby. I have two within 20 miles that maintain excellent inventory or can usually get what I need in a day.

Can't help on the muffler stuff.

PM sent

The clutch cover I seek is like the one in the picture below. This style was on the PM800/PM805/8200/DE80. See the ribs on top of the muffler area (there are also some on the rear)? All help is appreciated!

Does it matter to you if black or yellow? The one I had was black on PM805. Al Smith now owns the saw and was running it at the gtg I seen in pics.

Covers look different if you look close at that top area.

299655d1370918875-100_2776-custom-jpg

Last edited:
Does it matter to you if black or yellow? The one I had was black on PM805. Al Smith now owns the saw and was running it at the gtg I seen in pics.

Covers look different if you look close at that top area.

299655d1370918875-100_2776-custom-jpg

Does not matter to me if it's black or yellow. The one in the picture has that small relief area to provide clearance for a compression release. Also doesn't matter to me if that relief area is there or not. Does not appear that Al's saw has that valve installed. Those decomp valves are very difficult to find.

Another interesting thing about that picture is the appearance of the two lower-rear AV buffers, mounted in the lower brace below the cylinder head. Those are normally farther underneath, providing support directly under the cylinder. At some point, that lower brace was probably replaced.

Does not matter to me if it's black or yellow. The one in the picture has that small relief area to provide clearance for a compression release. Also doesn't matter to me if that relief area is there or not. Does not appear that Al's saw has that valve installed. Those decomp valves are very difficult to find.

Another interesting thing about that picture is the appearance of the two lower-rear AV buffers, mounted in the lower brace below the cylinder head. Those are normally farther underneath, providing support directly under the cylinder. At some point, that lower brace was probably replaced.

It did have a de-comp with 805 motor when I had it. He swapped in a 850. Build thread elsewhere with before after pics. :msp_wink:

Mac805012.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back