Swap meet...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in the need for 044/046 cylinders. I would like one of each to complete these 2 "projects" I'm working on. I think, I have one MS460 and a 044. PM me if you can help me. I have parts to trade.

I still have a pretty nice Olympyk 261 runner that I'd be willing to trade for large frame Macs.

Pretty much anything in my sig is up for trade for large frame macs.

I got the yella bug bad right now.

Chris

Chain Breaker punch

Need a punch for my chain breaker..
standard 10mm shaft..
like what baileys sells for $6 and charges $7 shipping..

Grab a 1000/1020/1050/1130G cylinder and piston and make it 100cc instead of 85cc. Just make sure you get the cylinder w/o that silly idle air tube thing.

Had no idea I could do that? THANKS!!!! Now if I can find them parts?

Its well worth it in the end when you run it.

I know it would be a blast to run!! Is it a bolt on swap?

Should be. When I built my 1000/1020 I used nos c72 cases.

Hey Ric........

The C9/91 and C7/71/72 have a shorter stroke than the XP1000/1020/1050/1100/1130G. I'm thinking there wil be problems with this swap, even if the jug bolts up to the cases. Now...............swapping the XP1000-1130G crank along with the top end would most likely work.

I have had sneaky sneaky thoughts about rebuilding my tired XP1020 as a "C51" using all the right outer parts for a few laughs in the under 5ci class. Shhhhhhhhhhhh.....Don't tell anyone...:jester:

MAC 250 - Few parts needed, thanks.

For a later Mac 250, I seek:

1) Sprocket, .404 to stay with the chains I have, but may be
interested in 3/8 as an option for the future. (Is the bar
groove for the .404 chain wider than that needed for a 3/8?)

One (or two) spring for the clutch; or a complete clutch.

Here is the present unit/config:

DSCN3217.jpg

DSCN3220.jpg

-------------

2) The carb. plug/boot for the adjustment screws, as shown:

DSCN3226.jpg

DSCN3224.jpg

------------------------

3) The breather plug (and, I have seen mention of a lower FLAP?)
for the gas cap. I either need whatever is missing there, or a
complete cap.

DSCN3221.jpg

-----------------

Also, should probably do a carb refurb. Perhaps someone can advise where I might get a kit....

Thanks much for any assistance! - Fired it up for the first time yesterday....nice growl :) Kinda gets a guy inspired....

*I had the spark arrestor off, and noted that it isn't ferrous. Al, or magnesium?? Just didn't 'feel' like aluminum.

For a later Mac 250, I seek:

1) Sprocket, .404 to stay with the chains I have, but may be
interested in 3/8 as an option
for the future. (Is the bar
groove for the .404 chain wider than that needed for a 3/8?)

I don't believe 3/8 will work with the 404 bar. If you're wanting 3/8, I have one B175-A8 3/8 for the Mac 250.

I don't believe 3/8 will work with the 404 bar. If you're wanting 3/8, I have one B175-A8 3/8 for the Mac 250.

Chris,
If he has a hard nose bar then all he has to do is match the gauge to the bar. Since its 404 now might be either 58 or 63 gauge.
Bob

Latest posts

Back