Swap meet...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are good 070 parts as expensive and hard to find as I think they are?

Trying to hook up a poor dude in Papua New Guinea who has CAD. He's also the sole chainsaw geek for an entire village.

It's actually an interesting story about this guy. . . I'm thinking of starting a thread on it.

BTW, he pays $147 (US) for a 115 DL semi chisel chain there. :msp_thumbdn:

That would be an interesting thread!

Dang, for some reason I guess I thought prices might be cheaper there, at least chinese knockoff stuff...err, like happy steehl dragon brand chain....

anyone looking for an oil pump for a stihl 024-026, i have that and some random small parts taking up space.

looking for a dual dawg kit for an 044. dont have much trading fodder just some colored paper and some old saw parts

Are good 070 parts as expensive and hard to find as I think they are?

Trying to hook up a poor dude in Papua New Guinea who has CAD. He's also the sole chainsaw geek for an entire village.

It's actually an interesting story about this guy. . . I'm thinking of starting a thread on it.

BTW, he pays $147 (US) for a 115 DL semi chisel chain there. :msp_thumbdn:

Nate,

WOW!! :bang:

It's only ~$30 to ship something that small from the US to AU....

Heck, I'll hook him up with a loop of 115 full chisel if he covers shipping... :dizzy: :)

Nate,

WOW!! :bang:

It's only ~$30 to ship something that small from the US to AU....

Heck, I'll hook him up with a loop of 115 full chisel if he covers shipping... :dizzy: :)

It might take him a month or two to earn $30.00. :msp_sad:

With 2 old 070's, and an 088 -- a couple hardnose bars, and a couple semi chisel chains -- he has well over $7,000.00 into his stuff.

That's the equivalent of a couple years wages for us. :dizzy:

From what I was told, he's never cut with a full chisel tooth -- he'd probably fart fire if he ever tried square chain. :msp_scared:

With 2 old 070's, and an 088 -- a couple hardnose bars, and a couple semi chisel chains -- he has well over $7,000.00 into his stuff.

From what I was told, he's never cut with a full chisel tooth -- he'd probably fart fire if he ever tried square chain. :msp_scared:

I'd definitely be interested in the thread about the guy from PNG. I have several friends that served in that country for years. I'm always intrigued by cultures in other countries and the way they saw (in context of this site). Thanks for posting.

Kinda crushed my 362xp last night, any of you guys have the air filter cover for one? Its the "low profile" kind. Not the big type like on the 372's.

I'm in for a fin towards shipping if you want to do a low key non paypal just some green in the mail donation thing to get him a loop of new decent chain.

It might take him a month or two to earn $30.00.

From what I was told, he's never cut with a full chisel tooth -- he'd probably fart fire if he ever
tried square chain. :msp_scared:

Wow...$30 in two months. How does he EAT???!

HEY!!! I make more than $7,000 in two years... :monkey: :poke:

nawww.. I know what your saying...

I'm in for a fin towards shipping if you want to do a low key non paypal just some green in the mail donation thing to get him a loop of new decent chain.

:rock:

Nate,

what gauge??

I have a box of 75cjx :rock: we could send him...:msp_scared:

Skip square should excite him enough, right?! :dunno:

Let me start a thread on this fellas, and we can work out the details there. :)

I'll link the thread here when it's up. Gotta go outside and finish a couple welding jobs.

Let me start a thread on this fellas, and we can work out the details there. :)

I'll link the thread here when it's up. Gotta go outside and finish a couple welding jobs.

I've got some rolls of 3/8's and .404 Stihl chain. Let me know and I'll spin and donate a couple loops for him. Ya'll get together and cover shipping.

Scooterbum, some times I wish I could "like" your posts multiple times. Id have repped ya too but I gotta spread some love first. YOU are one of the GOOD ones pal!

No, I don't have the part numbers. Haven't located an IPL yet.

Hemiyota, I have a complete Homelite C-72 PHO in which I have very little $$ invested, also have the IPL downloaded, & a SM covering many HL chainsaws (requires using a hosting site, it's a big document). I've listed the C-72 here a couple times, only got one serious nibble.

DSS, I'm going to pull the Jred jug this afternoon, have to work on my fridge first.

Latest posts

Back