Table Muscle

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think I would like to drink that again. Normally 4 to 6 for me when I'm feeling squirrely. Yes I am skinny and I'm getting tired of it. Guess I'll drink another beer. :cheers:

Thanks Slowp. I really feel the love..... :givebeer:

i'm right with ya in the skinny department.

upped my calories to about 3,800calories a day.

and that's before the workout plan goes into effect :dizzy:

i hope i have money left over or my pantry will be vacant

i'm right with ya in the skinny department.

upped my calories to about 3,800calories a day.

and that's before the workout plan goes into effect :dizzy:

i hope i have money left over or my pantry will be vacant

I can tell you I don't know how much calories I burn per day. But about a gallon of coffee before work normally gets me kicked into a normal pace. As much as most think it's a blessing. I hate being skinny. It means I have to go 200% at nearly everything I have to do.

I don't think I would like to drink that again. Normally 4 to 6 for me when I'm feeling squirrely. Yes I am skinny and I'm getting tired of it. Guess I'll drink another beer. :cheers:

Thanks Slowp. I really feel the love..... :givebeer:

Here's the dilemma of my people.

I really should make the carpenter guys some cookies. But being of the thrifty keeper tribe of people, I shouldn't. Quality control is a bad thing. But the carpenter guys have been going gangbusters in nasty weather. I'll do the dishes and contemplate the pros and cons of cookies.

And yes, we are made to withstand a famine, with a lot of whining, and you aren't, but then I have heard you will run us down and have us for dinner. It just aint right! :cheers:

I can tell you I don't know how much calories I burn per day. But about a gallon of coffee before work normally gets me kicked into a normal pace. As much as most think it's a blessing. I hate being skinny. It means I have to go 200% at nearly everything I have to do.

yup, being skinny also means long and lean muscles - good for endurance, but not brute strength. but calories are your friend. until you hit 30something.

Here's the dilemma of my people.

I really should make the carpenter guys some cookies. But being of the thrifty keeper tribe of people, I shouldn't. Quality control is a bad thing. But the carpenter guys have been going gangbusters in nasty weather. I'll do the dishes and contemplate the pros and cons of cookies.

And yes, we are made to withstand a famine, with a lot of whining, and you aren't, but then I have heard you will run us down and have us for dinner. It just aint right! :cheers:

I am so lost. But thats alright. Ain't no running coming out of me. Not anytime soon. I'm still walking with a mild limp on the left leg. The rod takes a little big to get use too and there isn't any muscle mass period. I will toast a beer to you Slowp and then I will be out. :cheers:

:computer: I just went to a community center, for 3 bucks a day no membership, just a day pass last week.
Hung out in a steam room for as long as I could take it. Then rinsed off and hung out in a dry sauna for awhile. Did them both twice, then hung out in a hot tub for a bit.

Man I tell ya I noticed a difference just going once. Think I'm heading there again in the morning.

Sweat..It Does The Body Good! :agree2:

Yup...it sneaks up on you. I always gained about fifteen pounds every winter and burned it right back off the first month of the season. Never even gave it any thought. Now that fifteen pounds turns into twenty and I have to really hustle to make it go away. For the first time in my life I'm having to watch my calories.

That's a tough assignment for somebody like me who always figured that fresh baked sourdough with real butter was one of the basic food groups.

I never really gained any in the winter untill about 5 or 6 years ago. But like you said it would go away in the spring.
When my kid's were little, I would tell them that I was 160 pounds of spring steel and raw hide. Last fall I told my step son that I was 190 pounds of spring steel and raw hide, and he said; No, you're still 160 pounds of spring steel and raw hide, but you've packed on 30 pounds of BS to go with it.:laugh:

Aw, what the heck. Bring on the sourdough.:cheers:

Andy

everyone going to hate me . wearing the same pant size for 30 years. just can,t eat near as much anymore . this will make you stay fit . take about 80 pounds an throw on your back an walk up about a 30 degree angle several times a day . back is junk . but no gut

Try the Krusty diet and exercise plan, it's Krustalicious.

Run 6 miles a day Monday through Friday. Saturday run 9. Take Sunday off.

Do 120 situps, 20 pull ups, and 200 pushups before your runs to warm up. Swim 1,000 yards after your runs to cool down.

Eat 3 meals a day. I like Wendy's, Arby's, McDonalds, Jack in the Box, Pizza Hut, etc. Get the extra value meal. French fries have lots of carbs or something. Get burgers with 2 or more meat patties. Protein is good.

Smoke 2 packs of cigarettes daily between meals to control hunger cravings.

Drink a 12 pack of Mountain Dew daily until 5pm, then switch to beer. I like MGD.

Sleep no more than 4 hours a night.

This works for me. I'm fairly healthy, 6 foot and 275lbs with 15% body fat. So it's mostly muscle.

The fire crew diet would be healthier. Wake up and find you used a dried up cowpie as a pillow. Use little blue room. Go eat EVERYTHING that might be pallatable, and looks so by the dim light of your headlamp. Grab a sack lunch. This lunch is huge. Gather up gear and ride nauseating school bus.

Get on helicopter that has just been tinkered with because it came in fast with black smoke coming out of engines. Timidly ask, "Aren't you going to test it first?" Note scowl on helitack guys face so get in. Note the last guy on must weigh 495 pounds, sans web gear and helicopter springs felt like the sagged.

Get dumped out on ridgetop. Dig line. Dig more line, ...munch on lunch which is a zillion calories. Munch sparingly because rumor has it that it will be a long shift. Dark comes and still digging line. Finally, time for a nap in the moondust by a warmspot. Doze off. Wake up suddenly because crewmember wakes you to tell you there is coffee on down the line. Say bad words because you don't drink coffee. Get up and stumble off. Dig line....and so on. Stumble out on road late afternoon and climb on schoolbus. Go back and eat everything that looks palatable by headlamp...

I lost 5 pounds a week on that diet. But it is hard to replicate here. And I'm way older now. :cry:

Haha, firecrew diet.
I remember things we called "death marches" very long walks, with full gear, up and down steep slopes, in hot weather of course. I always felt lucky when I packed a 10-10, instead of the geardriven 660. Firecrews live on their legs.

Back