Tailgate down=2 lost saws!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buckwasp

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Well....today was a sad sad day. I had my makita 6401 and shindaiwa 490 in the back of my truck in their boxes and either I forgot to put the tailgate up or it didn't latch properly and someone between my house and my sons daycare (18 miles away). My heart dropped when I got out of the truck to get him out and saw the tailgate down with an empty bed. Straight up sickening. If there could be any 'bright side' the 7900 p&c and some other parts hadn't been installed yet. (Due Monday.)

So...if anyone comes across a makita 6401 on the side of the road or has one they would like to sell then p.m. me. After my recent aftermarket purchases I'm left with very little money to spend. I guess I'm looking for a home depot type deal or something. I've already called my local h.d.'s and no luck. I'm going to put out a few signs in a bit and offer a reward. Can't hurt at this point. Thanks guys.

Buck

that sucks so bad. It's always the hardest lessons learned when it costs you so much. Sorry about your day man. Do you have any others as back ups?

I was at a shop and a guy brought in a saw he found on the road.
The shop had the serial # (it was bought there) and called the owner.
I hope your luck goes as well.

uncle lost one of of the truck on the road, some crack heads grabbed it. A buddy of ours got it back for us and we gave the guys a 30 of there choice. Bar was bent a bit but the chain was fine, thought id see more damage, none at all besides bar witch someone may have pinched or did something inhumane to before the indecent. :dizzy:

good luck

sorry to hear about your saws, maybe you could put an add in cl wanted section,or check the police station. gl

Buck, that sure does suck, makes me sick to my stomach. Hopefully somebody will do the right thing and return them. Have you retraced your steps??

Mike

That's gotta sting man, I feel for ya!

Where in MO are/were you??

I'm in SW MO, Neosho Joplin area.

Good luck!

CRAP!

That sinking feeling when ya notice....Gawd that sucks!

Maybe you'll get lucky and they'll find thier way back home, I'll cross my fingers for ya.

All the same I'll keep the eyeballs peeled for good saws cheap.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

wow, that really crappy luck.
A buddies dad got an almost new Stihl that way years ago. Found it along side the road and grabbed it. He ran an article in the paper for a few weeks and talked to the local shop but no one ever claimed it so he just kept it.

My buddy lost his 026 when it fell off the load of wood he was hauling. A kid I was working with last summer showed up at work with a Stihl backpack blower that he found on the side of I-79.

I feel your pain, sorry to hear about this. My dad always told me as long as no one got physically hurt things aren't really that bad. That and a cup of coffee don't get your saws back, but they do provoke some thought.

Sorry to hear about your loss. I have both founds a saw and lost a saw. I have learned that a tool box in the back of the truck makes a great place to store a saw when the bed is full of wood.

I use the saws for a partial income and personal use

I'm only working about 2-3 days a week right now due to construction being slow where I live. I use the saws for side work (supplemental income) and to cut wood for my parents, mother in law and myself. The 6401 was used for all of the big work and the shindaiwa 490 was for limbing and any of the smaller stuff. Both were fantastic saws and both were in pretty good condition. Kept them both in hard cases with extra chains, bar oil, spark plugs, screnches, hand files and sea foam. I had them set up pretty nice. I guess it's somebody's lucky day out there.

Hey wasp!

What do you use the saws for?

Back