Taking A Close Look At A Meteor Top End KIt For The 372XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Meteor

OIC

Wiggs ended up with a failed Meteor kit as well if I remember right. It was an 046 unit that had a poor bevel on the exhaust port......killed the rings within a tank or two.

I'll be going over any of these that I sell closely looking for defects. Believe that.

Thanks for the come back guys! Just took a look at a oem 288 cylinder and the failed meteor and saw no signifigant difference.

I'll be leaving it completely stock until spring. It will be my main firewood saw this winter. I really want to test this top end.

Wooooooo Hoooooo i knew after modding all these huskys you would come around.... its ok to step over from the dark side!!!!!

How did the saw run at the GTG? Any side by side races with an OEM saw? Now that its been ran some more, any improvement or comments?

We had so many distractions at the GTG that a stock saw wasn't a big draw. It was ran by several guys though and it ran flawlessly. I've been putting fuel through it and it's getting broken in. I have had zero issues, and no complaints. :msp_thumbup:

Troll, Im confused because I have a 52mm kit on my 362xp. Its a cheaper ebay special, but I was able to buy it and have it shipped to me. Are you saying the more reputible manufacturers will comply where as a ebay seller won't???

Basically banning BB kits for models introduced 1995 or later, I have been told - but I don't know how the rule actually say? :msp_confused:

Troll, Im confused because I have a 52mm kit on my 362xp. Its a cheaper ebay special, but I was able to buy it and have it shipped to me. Are you saying the more reputible manufacturers will comply where as a ebay seller won't???

The bigger guys like Bailey's definitely have the EPA looking over their shoulder. The small mom and pop e-bay sellers don't. EPA cannot regulate what is manufactured in China or Taiwan but they can regulate what some larger companies import from Asian countries. The bad news is that it's only going to get worse from here on out.

This is about a relatively new rule, and it is still possible to get them - but harder to advertise any new ones....

Also, most BB kits will have inferior performance compared to the OEM stuff, unless they are ported by someone that knows what he is doing (a different topic really).

any clue when you'll have these kits available randy?, i've got a 372 i'd like to freshen up

Latest posts

Back