taller 372 dogs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raker

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I can't find a thread on whether there are dogs available that are taller than the the factory ones but not deeper, robbing bar length. I have tried the pro safety ones and don't like. If you have a suggestion or a link to a thread I'd appreciate it. I've looked on bailey's and the google as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

metals406 make a set like the large 460/660 dawgs for the 372 i really like. they get a good bite in all wood and at all angles. i like more of a drop then a taller dawg. a drop is way more important when falling but i guess if your backbaring everything because of a half wrap handle then a taller dawg would be better.

metals406 make a set like the large 460/660 dawgs for the 372 i really like. they get a good bite in all wood and at all angles. i like more of a drop then a taller dawg. a drop is way more important when falling but i guess if your backbaring everything because of a half wrap handle then a taller dawg would be better.
I'm just a firewood hack that can't seem to keep the muffler off the log when bucking larger rounds.

I'm just a firewood hack that can't seem to keep the muffler off the log when bucking larger rounds.

are you running the littel tiny dawgs the saws come with back east. there is also the OEM wes coast dawgs as well. i figured you wanted something even bigger then those though. i'll go find a link.

are you running the littel tiny dawgs the saws come with back east. there is also the OEM wes coast dawgs as well. i figured you wanted something even bigger then those though. i'll go find a link.
d76703343d61ca216487c350033df08a.jpg

just realized you tried to pro safety ones. the pro safety ones have more of a drop to them then they are tall. the OEM ones are taller but less drop. i like the pro safety ones better for falling but if your just looking to keep your muffler off the log the OEM ones should do you. either one work for me out here but i don't really care about my muffler either. if they get bent they get bent. saws are meant to be beat :D lol those dawgs in you pick are the stock east coast dawgs. i don't mind them for bucking small wood but they are pretty well useless for anything else. if i was you i would contact metals406. the dawgs he makes are the beasts of the 372. i'm gonna order a few more sets sometime soon. they work the best for the work i do. they fit the 385/390's as well. i'm not even 100% sure if he is willing to make any or not, i really should ask him first but he did advertise them so maybe he will.

http://www.arboristsite.com/community/members/metals406.17404/

@Metals406

just realized you tried to pro safety ones. the pro safety ones have more of a drop to them then they are tall. the OEM ones are taller but less drop. i like the pro safety ones better for falling but if your just looking to keep your muffler off the log the OEM ones should do you. either one work for me out here but i don't really care about my muffler either. if they get bent they get bent. saws are meant to be beat :D lol those dawgs in you pick are the stock east coast dawgs. i don't mind them for bucking small wood but they are pretty well useless for anything else. if i was you i would contact metals406. the dawgs he makes are the beasts of the 372. i'm gonna order a few more sets sometime soon. they work the best for the work i do. they fit the 385/390's as well. i'm not even 100% sure if he is willing to make any or not, i really should ask him first but he did advertise them so maybe he will.

http://www.arboristsite.com/community/members/metals406.17404/

@Metals406
Thanks very much. I have found his thread because of your help. I will contact him. I guess it doesn't hurt to ask.

Back