Tanaka Pole Saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheManOfStihl

Half man, half bear, half pig.
Reaction score
Talked to a guy the other day that I got a few Stihl chainsaws from, and he was trying to get me interested in trading for his Tanaka pole saw. 12" bar I think, looks like it's new, but I don't know much else because I wasn't interested. I'm a Stihl guy, so other brands really don't do it for me. But he suggested it as trade material again and again, and I kept saying no. He said it was worth $500 new, and should be worth that, only used twice. Anybody have an opinion here? Did I turn down a good deal? I didn't think so, but wonder what you guys think. Is Tanaka quality and worth some money?

Anybody have an opinion here? Did I turn down a good deal? I didn't think so, but wonder what you guys think. Is Tanaka quality and worth some money?

If I understand you right, he said the saw sells for $500 new and offered it to you for $500?

Duh, I guess you answered your own question then if that's the case.

I don't have a lot of experience with Tanaka but what I do, they look to be very good stuff as far as quality goes.

I wouldn't be surprised to find out its every bit as good or even better then what Stihl puts out.

If all you know is the brand and the length of the cutting attachment I doubt you can get much valuable response here. I don't know how many models past and present they have brought to market that might look almost new.

I would say try and buy exactly what suits your needs. Ten years later the price difference spread out over the years probably won't be all that significant.

I have a tanaka TPS-260PF that I've worked the crap out of for 4-5 years. Every bit as good as Stihl and Husqvarna.

Latest posts

Back