tank handle restoration ???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mheim1

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Anybody got any good ideas how to bring back the color of a tank/handle?
Sanding and clearcoat works fine on the orange parts, but here?
Appreciate any thoughts/advise.
Thanks.

attachment.php

You could paint it. By the look of the bottom of that saw, you'll have your work cut out for you. How about a wide belt sander to get the grit off, and then some light sand blasting?

You could paint it. By the look of the bottom of that saw, you'll have your work cut out for you. How about a wide belt sander to get the grit off, and then some light sand blasting?
I think you're right on with the belt sander. I'd use a stationary sander and a fine belt. The sand blaster... I think you'd make the bottom into a dirt sponge. :msp_rolleyes:

I think you're right on with the belt sander. I'd use a stationary sander and a fine belt. The sand blaster... I think you'd make the bottom into a dirt sponge. :msp_rolleyes:

You're probably right about it being a sponge unless it's protected with some clear coat or something. Personally, my saws are work saws. I try to keep them reasonably clean, but they will have some crud on them from sitting on the ground etc.

i bet zep alum mag wheel cleaner will get a lot of that stained brown off ,its an acid so wear gloves and use outside scrub real good after squirt on rinse with a hose ,i cleaned up a 460 tank with that ,much stronger than castrol purple cleaner

polish caution.

You need to be careful with metal polish on plastic. I use it on clouded headlights often and it does work wonders, but it makes things brittle. Just wanted to note that. Might not be worth the shiny handle.

Latest posts

Back