Tank Vent

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sty57

Tree Freak
Reaction score
This is probably a very dumb question, but here it goes.
What holds it in the tank? I was going to change all of my lines and when I pulled the vent line the whole vent is just floating in the tank. Should there be an O-ring to hold it in the tank? Or am I just an idiot.

Thanks, Brian

fd37cf4b80bb67aa438b4477e702ac60.jpg

dffe15c16b79a25149ef75209fe82e33.jpg

Thanks, Brian

Friction is all that holds it in. I have used a small dab of motoseal for piece of mind, but it is not needed.

Jeremy

Look up the tank/rear handle assembly diagram for the saw. It will show if there is a grommet of some kind or not.

I did look at the IPL and it doesn't show anything it hold it.
It does seem like a bad design, I would think there should be a grommet or an O-ring.
Might have to put a little motoseal on and call it a day.

Thanks, Brian

I apologize as I thought sure you were an old member razzing me.

The tanks sometimes are loose and you need to seal them any way you can like the 385s sometimes.

How much work is required to do the vent in a Husky 254? Will there be enough movement by loosing the av mount next to the vent location to sneak the new vent in?

Well after looking at the tank and the vent. There is different size steps in the tank. So I went through all of my O-rings and found two that fit the steps and reinstalled the vent. I don't know if the O-rings will stand up to the fuel or not. If it starts to leak then I will try to glue it in with some motoseal.

Thanks, Brian

I think you have a new style vent in an old style tank...(maybe the wrong part)?
I don't know if it's the right vent or not. It is really close in size but just not close enough.
There is three different steps in the tank and I first tried three O-rings but that was to tight so I went with two.
I'm just going to try it and see.

Thanks, Brian

How much work is required to do the vent in a Husky 254? Will there be enough movement by loosing the av mount next to the vent location to sneak the new vent in?
you should be able to take the screws out and just till the tank down enough.

Thanks, Brian

Latest posts

Back