Tax Credit

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, another tax credit question:)

Does the 30% credit reduce my taxable income by that amount, or does it come directly off what I owe in taxes.

You may want to check. It is my understanding that you do not get the 30% of the item being purchased, but in fact get the 30% reduction on the earned income. IE: The item cost $10,000. You get a 30% tax credit. You get a $3,000 deduction on your taxable income, so if you are in the 30% tax bracket you would actually get $900 back on your taxes.

Like I said earlier, just check it out before you make the purchase. That was my understanding but maybe the person that I got it from was wrong.

....not a taxman ,but from what my tax man says you'll get to take as a credit 30% of what your buying. So a $3000 furnace would get you a $900 credit.

I don't know the specifics on the tax credit that you are referring to, however, when I write off my tools as a work expense they get adjusted out of your taxable income. Charity donations work this way as well. I would imagine any other credits would work that way as well.

Looked it up on the net. It is in fact a tax credit. 30% of the item up to a max credit of $1,500. Unit must be a qualifying product so be sure the unit is eligible. Guess the old adage: Don't believe everything you hear applies to me in this case as I got it from someone else that supposedly had checked it out for himself.

I don't know the specifics on the tax credit that you are referring to, however, when I write off my tools as a work expense they get adjusted out of your taxable income. Charity donations work this way as well. I would imagine any other credits would work that way as well.

I don't know, but wouldn't that be a tax deduction and not a tax credit? Why do they have to make it so complicated?

Latest posts

Back