taxes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Janjac

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I just bought some new felling dawgs at Baileys for about 27 dollars and it will cost me about 31 dollars to get them to Denmark and then i will probaley have to pay costums at it so it will cost me around 100 dollars too get some new dawgs too my beloved ms460 :jawdrop:

That is so wrong, but is typical of what is wrong with human society...... rather than being productive, everyone seems to want a "cut" of someone else's productivity.....

Hope you cut wood for many years with you r 460. I like mine a lot!:clap:

That is so wrong, but is typical of what is wrong with human society...... rather than being productive, everyone seems to want a "cut" of someone else's productivity.....

Hope you cut wood for many years with you r 460. I like mine a lot!:clap:

Are you sure it's the 460 you like, and not one of the others? You get confused sometimes with all those saws.

Mark

How come the goverment should get about 180% taxes of what i buy in the us we also have too pay 180% in tax of our cars here in Denmark. I'm tired of it.

600 us for ms 200t it isen't any wonder that you can afford all these saws so
don't make fun with the rest of us that have too pay full price for the saws:censored:

to get you guys to understand we have to pay 2 usd for one liter of gasoline, that would be almost 8 usd for a gallon.
What do you pay for a gallon ???

Not all states have same sales tax. A few like NH has no sales tax.

It works like this here in Sweden:
I pay the item with whatever sales tax it has in US. Then add the shipping and I have a total cost.
When I bring it here the goverment taxes me adittional 12% + a custums fee.
This is regardless of what I buy over 500Skr in total cost, that is Purchase+shipping....

If value is lower than 500Skr it is not anything I need to worry about unless I buy it for my company or "with intent to sell"..

600 us for ms 200t it isen't any wonder that you can afford all these saws so
don't make fun with the rest of us that have too pay full price for the saws:censored:

If you want to talk about the lower price of saws then you also need to talk about wages. What is the median salary in your area? What is the minumum hourly wage? There are thousands of things to consider not just the price of one item.

I would have no problem buying saws at $1100 if the wages supported it

On the shipping the dogs can be shipped to you via USPS Priority for $11.95US and arrived in about 1 week.

Bill

They tried to tax us too, so we threw there tea overboard and handed their a$$es to them in the Revolutionary War. Hence my saws. Also, bigger country warrants bigger volume of saws.

Last edited:
The big picture

First, I don't think anybody was making fun of anybody.

Second, I can imagine that having government health care would have its advantages, if one were in need of health care and had limited resources.
Here in the USA, a decent family health insurance policy can be upwards of $1000 per month. Many employers do not provide health insurance.

In my school district, paraprofessionals who make say, $8.00 per hour, full time, and choose the family health ins. option to cover their kids, end up owing the district money after their insurance bill is paid. And the insurance doesn't nearly cover all costs. Negative net pay for a full time job educating and mentoring kids.

I guess how it looks depends on where you sit, and what your needs are, but dropping a grand when I get a new saw, or dropping a grand each and every month just so kids can have health coverage, well, maybe there is some balance there.

First, I don't think anybody was making fun of anybody.

Second, I can imagine that having government health care would have its advantages, if one were in need of health care and had limited resources.
Here in the USA, a decent family health insurance policy can be upwards of $1000 per month. Many employers do not provide health insurance.

In my school district, paraprofessionals who make say, $8.00 per hour, full time, and choose the family health ins. option to cover their kids, end up owing the district money after their insurance bill is paid. And the insurance doesn't nearly cover all costs. Negative net pay for a full time job educating and mentoring kids.

I guess how it looks depends on where you sit, and what your needs are, but dropping a grand when I get a new saw, or dropping a grand each and every month just so kids can have health coverage, well, maybe there is some balance there.

It's the same here and they have to pay 100% through the summer. Teachers are only slightly better off.

Bill

Latest posts

Back