Taylor outdoor furnaces

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A few people near me have these stoves and they love them. Are these two yours? How do you like them?

Nice looking units care to give us a "ball park" figure on cost???

===

Found prices in the CB500 thread

Thanks

Last edited:
:cheers: I've had a Taylor for awhile now and love it! I see you have Hardy they are very nice.:clap: I don't bash any other brand cuz they all work, what it comes down to is the amount of wood you go through! I've talked to people that have Hardy, Central Boiler, Heatmor, Mahoning/Freedom, Pacific Western,Crown Royal,and Shaver. The one guy I talked to sold his Mahoning and bought a Taylor and burnt half the amount the wood(all he did was swap stoves,not the piping.) If you drain the water jacket once a year and replace the chem and anode rod they will last YEARS!
I've seen Taylors around my area that are 25 years old.
Before I bought one I got on a forum site and Taylor was one of the ones that had the least amount of problems.I also called Taylor myself =].
Central Boiler was another choice, but I kind of leaned towards the Taylor because it has much simpiler features(no digital stuff to worry about going bad down the road)
Nice talkin to ya! Stay warm!! :cheers:
=]
A few people near me have these stoves and they love them. Are these two yours? How do you like them?

First season with my 450. Does a good job heating the house and a seperate workshop. 1000 gallons of propane last year for the house alone...Used around 50 gallons so far this year.

Good deal as long as I can cut my own wood. Lookin like 25 rank ( 8.33 cord ) to get me through the winter.

Glad to hear you like it!! I've had a Taylor going on seven years now! And I haven't bought a gallon of propane in that amount of time!!! =]
First season with my 450. Does a good job heating the house and a seperate workshop. 1000 gallons of propane last year for the house alone...Used around 50 gallons so far this year.

Good deal as long as I can cut my own wood. Lookin like 25 rank ( 8.33 cord ) to get me through the winter.

I have had a 750 for about 5 yrs now. I love it, havent had 1 single problem. I have my dealer come out and service it once/ yr. I do go thru alot of wood, but that has more to do with my poorly insulated house. We are currently out of power here do to the Ice storm. My house was at 72 deg., within 2 hrs my house was 61deg. It was 25 deg outside. This joint just doesnt hold heat well. Its big too.

I am going to build a new house in couple yrs hoepfully. A Taylor will be going in there too. Lots of Hardys around here. I have looks at a friend's stove. I dont know what his water holding capacity is, but his firebox is lots smaller than mine.

Glad you like the Taylor! I have a T-500 CB I heat my house and DHW(haven't bought propane in seven years!) and My neighbor has a T-750 and it's ten years old now! He heats a house and big garage with it. Take care and stay warm! Kalib =] :cheers:
I have had a 750 for about 5 yrs now. I love it, havent had 1 single problem. I have my dealer come out and service it once/ yr. I do go thru alot of wood, but that has more to do with my poorly insulated house. We are currently out of power here do to the Ice storm. My house was at 72 deg., within 2 hrs my house was 61deg. It was 25 deg outside. This joint just doesnt hold heat well. Its big too.

I am going to build a new house in couple yrs hoepfully. A Taylor will be going in there too. Lots of Hardys around here. I have looks at a friend's stove. I dont know what his water holding capacity is, but his firebox is lots smaller than mine.

Latest posts

Back