TCI magazine hits new low

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NickfromWI

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Rocky, your post makes it seem like you do not appreciate advancement.

You asked if we "remember all the problems with cars back in the late 70's/ early 80's when the emissions laws forced changes?"

Well, I wasn't driving around then. Nowadays, we DON'T have the constant problems you mentioned, and we have better cars (environmentally speaking).

You seem as if you wish that we were still driving the cars from the early 70s.

Yes, the rules are a pain in the butt right now. The chainsaw technology will be like the car technology. The saws will get better just like the cars did. The change is better for everyone and for the long run. Sometimes we have to think about more than "me, now."

love
nick

Yep, I read the article this weekend and meant to comment on it here. I had much the same criticism. There was some accurate points made.along with some not so correct..and some positive thoughts for the future...sounds like catalytic mufflers aren't the ticket.

The Redmax diagram seemed pointless...unless i missed something. It looked as though they were abandoning the reed valve design for a conventional transfer port system, nothing new about that...

Originally posted by RockyJSquirrel
...whiny little opinion, Nick? If you use that tiny little brain of yours and read what I wrote ....

Woah there...easy on the personal attacks there buddy! Respect the Arboristsite policies:)

I did read your post, Brian. Perhaps I misunderstood it. Could you clarify? It seems that your saying that you realize that there is a light at the end of the tunnel, but you don't want to wait around for the results.

I am saying that it is necessary to take the change. The consumers will demand powerful saws. The company that figures out how to make a powerful saw that complies with the gov't regulations at a reasonable price will come out the winner.

It worked for the cars, as you eluded to.

Please clarify any misunderstandings. I am hear to learn and better myself.

love
nick

Rock, I'm trying to stick to the thread. I was talking about the saws, the cars, the engines.

I was trying to respectfully say that I disagree with you. We should embrace this change. Yes, it will be an inconvenience at first. But with the change good can come.

Just stick to the topics on the threads and we'll be fine.

Thanks for the heads up on the PM mailbox.

love
nick

Originally posted by Rich Hoffman
I will not sit by for 10-15 yrs. and wait for chainsaws to advance past their present and future state of detune.......stock up now!!!

Hey Rich, soon enough the chain will be replaced with a laser. And the pwr source?

Hmmmmm.

I like the way the saw makers meet emmision requirements, at least the company's that restrict exaust flow. This is the easiest thing to fix. all you need is a screw driver and a round file. Simply pull out the catalytic converter and file open the holes. In most cases it can be done in about five minutes, except maybe an 020t, that takes about 20 minutes.
As far as TCI articles, I'd say it was on par, useless as most.

Lung Power or Saw Power?

TCI's slow coming here, so I don't know all the issues on saw emissions. I do know that huffing fumes will corrode your lungs, so you power heads best wear a mask. Saw Power is great, but not at the expense of Lung Power.:eek:

Once your alveoli quit, that's it; you can't mod your bod. Sign me,

A Geezer and a Wheezer

PS Glad to hear AS policies on courtesy are in most minds here.:D

Re: Lung Power or Saw Power?

Originally posted by Guy Meilleur

I try. It's hard sometimes.

love
nick

ps- My alveoli love my zubat. They are asking that I get an Ibuki.

Re: Lung Power or Saw Power?

I can't figure out why its so hard for some people to be cordial with other site members/noobs. If they can't do that here, I'd hate to see their real-life interraction. And they would probably not enjoy my reaction to their BS... in REAL LIFE.

If ya ain't got nothing good to say, ****!!!

I personally would prefer to be driving a 1969 Boss 429. But then, some might call me strange too.

Jeff

Re: Re: Lung Power or Saw Power?

Originally posted by MasterBlaster
I can't figure out why its so hard for some people to be cordial with other site members/noobs. If they can't do that here, I'd hate to see their real-life interraction. And they would probably not enjoy my reaction to their BS... in REAL LIFE.

If ya ain't got nothing good to say, ****!!!

I don't know MB, I'm not interested in a relationship of false niceties. There are times for those lies, but here with cyber friends, like at work with your buddies, say it like it is.
It would be like if one of your boys did something really dorky, like wearing a cell phone on his belt, wouldn't you be honest and tell him everyone is going to think you are a big dork?
Better you pointing and laughing, than some cute chicks when he goes out in public.

Re: Re: Lung Power or Saw Power?

Originally posted by NickfromWI
I try. It's hard sometimes.
Yeah it is. I flunked badly on the last "I give up on doing good work" thread, but no more beating a drum in front of a tiger, as Kwai Chang Caine would say.

ps- My alveoli love my zubat. They are asking that I get an Ibuki.
O yeah! I can see a chainsaw being the #1 tool for slicing up those giants that grow in the PNW, but for us pruners on the right coast a chainsaw is vastly overrated. :rolleyes:
Since I set aside the Corona for the Zubat, the big limbs are doable by hand. I leave that greasy stinkin chainsaw on the ground for pruning!:blob2:

O and MM those "niceties" are called civilization. Launching into namecalling has nothing to do with saving a buddy from dorkdom. Tell it like it is, yes, but use language that will get heard, and not set off more :angry:

Re: Re: Re: Lung Power or Saw Power?

O and MM those "niceties" are called civilization.

Is you calling me uncivilized???
Is it because I drag one hand on the ground as I walk, and communicate with guttural grunts?

I suspect you missed the trolling by Nick. Brian loves his souped up saws more than Nick likes his splices. It was no coincidence Nick worded his post the way he did, he wanted a reaction. Brian fell for it, hook, line and sinker. Even sucked you and Mb in. Good fishing Nick.

I've owned a vehicle since about '72. During the years I've really enjoyed not having to work on the newer engines. Once computer controls became more common on my vehicles, I started to do less maintenance. And, I know that the exhaust gases are cleaner.

Why is it the government's fault that the manufactureres couldn't make cars that ran and functioned with the new controls? If cars blew up or needed work, blame the manufacturer.

TCI hasn't made it's way to Mpls. yet so I haven't read the article. Over the past few years I have read other articles about the issue. Seems like an engineering challenge for the manufacturers and an opportunity for more cottage industrialists to make money hopping up the saws. That's already starting.

Tom

Arg. urg. me no troll.

I firmly believe what I wrote. I know the saws will be less powerful. It is a necessary sacrifice. Yes, I may have worded the post in such a way to ensure Rocky would consider what I was writing...but that's just good journalism.

love
nick

Re: Re: Re: Re: Lung Power or Saw Power?

Originally posted by Mike Maas
Is you calling me uncivilized???
No way, Man. For all the friendly chats we've had about reduction, etc., I don't remember any personal attacks like "whining", "girl", etc. we've come to know and tolerate, and hopefully ignore. :p You can question my intelligence or even my motives, or dis my dorkiness, but no need ever to get personal.

Was it a troll, or was it innocently beating a drum, not knowing he was in front of a tiger? Making that beast bite takes little provocation, so I doubt your theory. Will the real troller please stand up?:confused:

Latest posts

Back