TCIA expo

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TreeAce

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Is it to soon to start talking about the expo? Not only am I going, I am taking the wife and kids to. The rate for the room there was sweet so I grabbed it up for two nights and then found KILLER deal on airfare. Like 69 each way with no baggage charges. So wth...wife n kids are looking forward to seeing Baltimore as well as myself. I am not taking them to the expo though. I know when I went to the expo in Pittsburgh it was great, I felt like a kid in a candy shop. I am sure this year will be just as much fun...maybe more. It would be cool to meet some folks from AS. So if your going...speak up.

Is it to soon to start talking about the expo? Not only am I going, I am taking the wife and kids to. I am not taking them to the expo though. .

My kids have always had a blast at Expo, and have been to quite a few of them. Even my wife seems to enjoy it. Mebbe she is good at pretending!.
The National Aquarium in Baltimore is a jewel; a must see.
Good shopping mall (clearance) at Arundel Mills in Hanover. Is a big one. I vaguely remember the wife buying shoes; (many shoes)) there. And clothes; mucho clothes. The car always comes back from these educational field trips packed to the gills.

What hotel / motel are you gonna stay at? We are going to try to not get something downtown. Stayed at a Sheridan downtown last time around, and it was OK but nothing special, especially for what they were charging. And they still charged a fair bit for parking, so I figure that I'll be paying for parking one way or the other no matter where we stay.

Is it to soon to start talking about the expo? Not only am I going, I am taking the wife and kids to. The rate for the room there was sweet so I grabbed it up for two nights and then found KILLER deal on airfare. Like 69 each way with no baggage charges. So wth...wife n kids are looking forward to seeing Baltimore as well as myself. I am not taking them to the expo though. I know when I went to the expo in Pittsburgh it was great, I felt like a kid in a candy shop. I am sure this year will be just as much fun...maybe more. It would be cool to meet some folks from AS. So if your going...speak up.

I am planning on going (pending workload) had a blast last year in Hartford! If time allows I want to take the CTSP class. Yeah we loaded my truck with gear last year! Was awesome!

Buddy in Bracebridge (Ont) bought and towed back the Timberwolf TW-7 splitter from Hartford.
My spending tends to be less grandiose. Mebbe due to presence of wifey: "I can see you Carl"

My kids have always had a blast at Expo, and have been to quite a few of them. Even my wife seems to enjoy it. Mebbe she is good at pretending!.
The National Aquarium in Baltimore is a jewel; a must see.
Good shopping mall (clearance) at Arundel Mills in Hanover. Is a big one. I vaguely remember the wife buying shoes; (many shoes)) there. And clothes; mucho clothes. The car always comes back from these educational field trips packed to the gills.

What hotel / motel are you gonna stay at? We are going to try to not get something downtown. Stayed at a Sheridan downtown last time around, and it was OK but nothing special, especially for what they were charging. And they still charged a fair bit for parking, so I figure that I'll be paying for parking one way or the other no matter where we stay.

We are staying at the Renaissance.

I am planning on going (pending workload) had a blast last year in Hartford! If time allows I want to take the CTSP class. Yeah we loaded my truck with gear last year! Was awesome!

Hope to go this year. We are on spending freeze considering
we exhibited alot in the last 3 years with UK, Germany, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Providence
and a few other state side trips.
But still I would love to attend as an arbo for a change.
Mb we can get it together.:msp_smile:

Hope to go this year. We are on spending freeze considering
we exhibited alot in the last 3 years with UK, Germany, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Providence
and a few other state side trips.
But still I would love to attend as an arbo for a change.
Mb we can get it together.:msp_smile:

Yeah it was my first time last year going and had a blast! Did the EHAP course and took in as many seminars as I could fit, trade show was great, met some cool People including you, came home with a truck load of goodies! Good fun!

We'll be there in force. At least 8 guys so far, a few more on the fence. 5 of us go for the CEUs and gear, the rest to hit strip clubs and drink on the company's dime. Pittsburgh was a good time, i stayed behind last year because of the noreaster that came through the saturday before.

Unsure where we'll be staying, bossman usually springs for nice places though

how do u register and how much is it exactly ,im not to far from bmore

how do u register and how much is it exactly ,im not to far from bmore

Go to their website - Google "TCIA" or "TCIA Expo"
There is an early bird discount if you register before sometime in September.
Registration cost is offset (and then some) by the ball cap / t-shirt / pen collection you can accumulate :rolleyes2:

i might just go to see what kind of deals are going on ,not really worried about seminars....

Buddy in Bracebridge (Ont) bought and towed back the Timberwolf TW-7 splitter from Hartford.
My spending tends to be less grandiose. Mebbe due to presence of wifey: "I can see you Carl"

how much did he pay for the splitter? im in the market and can wait for the show for a deal

how much did he pay for the splitter? im in the market and can wait for the show for a deal

I'll let you know after I see him next week.
Haven't seen it being used, but he said it is a 3 man operation.

Actually the seminars and climbing demos are great as well!:msp_biggrin:

Definitely a good lineup this year. :clap:

Also if anyone's interested in ANSI A300 standards, there's an A300 listening session, Tuesday, August 14, 5:00 – 7:00 PM at the DoubleTree Convention Center Hotel – Wiedler Room, Portland, OR.?

Latest posts

Back