Temperature gauges for OWB

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

i'mstihlaguy

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have seen alot of photos with temp. gauges in them. Probably should have asked this question in those threads but what brand, type, etc. temperature gauges are you guys using? Are there any features to look for? I heard that some have a probe that must be in the actual flow to read accurately. Wouldn't that restrict flow?

Last edited:
I looked long and hard for some, they get spendy...ended up with four little 1" ones from my CB dealer for $9 each...my CB came with elbows right out of the furnace with a threaded spot to put them....worked great except one of my four had a leak right away....dripped for a day then it got moisture inside the gauge and I had to take it off...that was fun with 180 degree water behind it...still haven't replaced it, have a plug in there....

The Ashcroft gauges are commericial grade. We use them in our compressor station at work and most are still working good after 15 years.

One nice thing about them is they are easily calibrated.

Latest posts

Back