Tennessee GTG 6/19

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ive got a rather large oak log that needs split 4 ways to go onto the band mill at the sawmill i am logging for. if i can get it back off my truck at the gtg i will load it up and bring it so you guys with the big saws can do some noodling . i think the log is about 40 or more inches at the butt. i have just seen it from a distance when he mentioned bringing it to the gtg. it will take a laqrger loader than i was planning on bringing to get it off the truck. i will know for sure if the june 19th date is open at the fairground when steve the guy that runs it comes back in a couple days.

I don't know what happened to it. I hope it works out where there will be one this summer.

I hope this works out for the 19th of June. I'm looking forward to meeting some of you southern boys!:cheers:

I noticed last time I was down there, almost every church I see is a Baptist church.
I kept pointing them out to my wife. I am Baptist and she is Lutheran.:)

I hope this works out for the 19th of June. I'm looking forward to meeting some of you southern boys!:cheers:

I noticed last time I was down there, almost every church I see is a Baptist church.
I kept pointing them out to my wife. I am Baptist and she is Lutheran.:)

And we are looking forward to meeting a lot of you guys too.

June 19 is a weekend before my anniversary. I told the wife we might stay in Gatlingburg that weekend in a cabin and go to the GTG. She likes the cabin idea and will probably tag along with the video camera if it works out.

I hope its not dead either. I already asked off for work :D

But maybe the host has a real job, and has been busy. So be patient and give him a little time.

I hope its not dead either. I already asked off for work :D

But maybe the host has a real job, and has been busy. So be patient and give him a little time.

you hit the nail on the head , weather is dry so i am hitting it daylight til dark 7 days a week at the moment trying to get cought up from all the wet weaqther we were having.the gtg is definatley on but i cant confirm at my house or the fairground yet. i just haave not been able to get up with steve with the hours im putting in. but never fear guys it will happen,i just have to pay the bills first, then i can play. i didnt get in until 9 tonight and by the time i get done with this post ill head to bed. i will get in touch with the fairground guy this week or weekend.

you hit the nail on the head , weather is dry so i am hitting it daylight til dark 7 days a week at the moment trying to get cought up from all the wet weaqther we were having.the gtg is definatley on but i cant confirm at my house or the fairground yet. i just haave not been able to get up with steve with the hours im putting in. but never fear guys it will happen,i just have to pay the bills first, then i can play. i didnt get in until 9 tonight and by the time i get done with this post ill head to bed. i will get in touch with the fairground guy this week or weekend.

Cool, I wish you to best with them bills...they just keep on comin...

I completely understand. This dry weather has us swamped right now too. We picked up some extra hauling when things got slow with the crews we normally haul for. Now everyone is busting butt and putting me farther behind every day.

This is a gtg I might actually be able to make!
I should be in north AL or GA in the middle of June if things don't change unexpectedly.

For those of us that live nearby, is there anything that we can do to help?

Back