Tennis elbow

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alderman

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I was trying to start a stubborn saw the other night determined to be more stubborn than the saw. In the end the saw won. I swapped carbs and it fired up. Now I can hardly use my cranking arm. On a positive note I found out I am ambidextrous when it comes to starting saws.

I was trying to start a stubborn saw the other night determined to be more stubborn than the saw. In the end the saw won. I swapped carbs and it fired up. Now I can hardly use my cranking arm. On a positive note I found out I am ambidextrous when it comes to starting saws.

2 months ago mine was so bad the Dr., give me a shot in the elbow and it hurt like crap told to wear a wrap for tennis elbow till it quit hurting still hurting but getting better wear it every day take it off when you go to bed

i call mine firewood elbow cause i don't play tennis .... mines been hurting like crazy since before Thanksgiving the strap seems to help ,but man this is lasting along time , might be time for a trip to the doctor :msp_angry:but if that makes it better oh well

Been there done that... a couple years ago I was pulling away on a saw that was sitting on the floor (too close to my workbench) and slammed my elbow into the bottom of the bench like a dummy. I ended up with TE from that deal, it finally went away after a year or so. I feel for ya brother.

i call mine firewood elbow cause i don't play tennis .... mines been hurting like crazy since before Thanksgiving the strap seems to help ,but man this is lasting along time , might be time for a trip to the doctor :msp_angry:but if that makes it better oh well

If he gives you a shot in the elbow its one painful shot you will wonder how that needle being that long doesn't come out the other side of your arm and will hunt for about 2 days

If he gives you a shot in the elbow its one painful shot you will wonder how that needle being that long doesn't come out the other side of your arm and will hunt for about 2 days

was it cortisone? I'm thinking about asking Doc for one in my knee

Yup, getting older sure sucks. Have recently had cortisone shots in both elbows and a knee. Shots hurt, even after the lidocane / freezing stuff they put on before giving the shots. Felt great after two days. Going to have to get more shots very soon, as my elbows are killing me again. Been about 3-4 months since the shots were given. TE is a constant ache and starting saws is a lot more painful than it used to be.

Great ...:msp_scared:...that was exactly what i didn't want to hear

That brings back nightmares of an 025, i feel the feeling in your arm!

Me too! :msp_w00t::msp_w00t: My arm hurt for weeks. Man that thing was sore. You almost have to tie if off to keep from using it.

I got it in both elbows at the same time by using a pole saw to clean up a small oak stand. Putting on those lace-up wrist straps really works by limiting movement of the tendons that connect in the elbow. They didn't have any "warrior" type ones with black leather or spikes -- coulda gone around like Conan the Barbarian.:laugh:

I had a shoulder problem a few years ago. Man was I happy for a decomp on my 50cc saw! :msp_scared:

I had that awhile back it finaly went away . It seems like one place stops hurting then it moves somewhere else . I had a cortizone shot in my feet a few years ago ,now that hurt . Once I stopped taking the collesteral medicine my feet stoped hurting, go figure .

Started out with shots in the neck,shoulders, elbows, forearms and wrists,
different joints at different times.
Now have 3 neck bones screwed to a plate.
shoulder has been dremmeled in a bit, spurs cut and socket trimmed back.
hmm, Sounds like a port job...removed the flashing and opened it up.
Wrist tendons have been released.

10 years out from surgery, sometimes the neck sounds like 2 cinder blocks being dragged together when I move my head.

have popped a 1/4" ratchet from not being able to feel how hard I'm twisting it.
get to chase a lot of dropped screws...

10 years out from surgery, sometimes the neck sounds like 2 cinder blocks being dragged together when I move my head.

have popped a 1/4" ratchet from not being able to feel how hard I'm twisting it.

Guess its going around -- left shoulder? I had three of my neck vertebrae fused around 12 years ago -- no grating in mine. Maybe they didn't use lock nuts in your neck?:laugh:

Tennis Elbow, golfers' forearm, wood splitters' wrist...

Been fighting this for over a year. Wear the arm band/brace, take Aleve every day. Still hurts like a mother. It's only on one side and happens when I'm picking up firewood with one hand. And I burn wood all winter. :angry:

One thing that helped was a deep tissue message on that spot. Hurt during the message, but the gnawing pain has not been as intense since. :msp_sleep:

Ouch! How did man ever live to be 200 yrs old, when we can't even make it to 100. At the rate I'm going, I'm not too enthusiastic about seeing 80.:hmm3grin2orange:

Latest posts

Back