Thanks To the Gents at ArboristSite

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ae4461tma

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Yesterday I fired up My fathers Old Stihl 041AV This saw has set in my fathers celler for the last 15-20 years. It set without a plug in it with the pull start broken. With the help from mheim1 I got the IPL and manual for this saw and have cleaned her up and replaced fuel lines, filter, pull rope. Repaired one of the clutch pads. I poured a little fuel in the cylinder prior to rotation for lubrication and put a new plug in her. pulled about a dozen times and she lit off. I did not have time to let her warm up but hope to today and adjust the carb. I am missing the chain adjuster assembly. all of it is gone P/Ns 1110 021 9000 (clamp) 1110 664 1600 (adjusting screw) and 1120 664 1500 (Tensioning nut) if anybody could help.It also needs a new muffler the old one is cracked badly. I will try to buy new if I can find them at our local Stihl dealer. My father used this saw back when he cut timber. I ask him about it when I was doing maintenance on our MS250 He said he just broke the pull rope and set it down. he pulled the plug for another saw some time later. He had quit cutting timber at this time and did not need the saw any longer so he just left it. I am cutting up the tops where I had our timber cut 2 summers ago and could use a second saw so I thought I would give it a try on recovering this old but not entirely dead saw. Again Thanks for your help.

PS if anybody has a service manual & or IPL for a MS250 or a Skilsaw 1614 please PM me
Thanks again :hmm3grin2orange:

Bringing old iron back to life is fun and has a lot of satisfaction to it. With chainsaws, they can be rebuilt on the dining room table (yep...doing that right now), usually dosen't cost too much, and you get a usefull working tool when you are done.

Probably why I never restored that old '58 Impala I used to have...

hey ae4461tma take and pm teddy scout he's got a lot of 041 av stihl parts i got an 041 farmboss. and i got a muffler and a air filter base mount from him and they was in really good shape.he took and went over them with a fine tooth comb and made sure nothing was wrong with them. so give him a pm and see what he can do.

Also thanks to AS...

Yesterday I fired up a Husky 350 I've rebuilt. The saw was given to me, the previous owner lean seized it and was planning on throwing it away. Without the knowledge and information available here, I could never have done this. The total cost was around 45 bucks for a piston, some acid, some sandpaper, and some time. It's too bad so many saws wind up in junk piles, saws that are still serviceable.

I'm a shadetree mechanic and have rebuilt a few auto engines, and there's plenty of help available in books and manuals that take you step by step through all the procedures. It's not so easy with chainsaws. A few years back, I spent some time looking for chainsaw repair/rebuild books and all I could find was the big 600 page Clymer chainsaw service manual. This book could be very handy as a general reference book for a saw repair shop that services many different brands. However, there was nothing in the book about how to fix a toasted cylinder with smeared on aluminum, they just tell you to buy all brand new parts, not how to fix damaged parts you already have. For that, you'll have to go here!

You can get an IPL for a 250 at stihl.com. Sorry, I dont know how to post a link.......

oh ok thats good i know teddy has got a lot of parts and stuff i figure i would try to to get him some more business and stuff so he can meet some more members

This is kinda like product placement!!!:):)

PM sent to ya! I gotcha wactha need!

Back