that's it, i've had it !!! i'm banning cellphones on the jobsite

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
itsgottobegreen said:
heck I give everybody a company cell phone. Just because when I call thier ass, they better pick up their phone. No excusses. I don't care if its 2AM

Have you ever been in an on call situation? I'm on call 24/7/365. That is quite the attitude you have. What kind of tree trimming or removal is required at 2am? That might be grounds for an accident and workmans comp issue if trying to run a saw at night..... :laugh:

Working in the emergancy rental business has made me realize that not too many people can cut it, and with and attitude like that, I see why. My coworkers and I fear the dreaded 1-4am calls. It happens quite often and we take turns, but something like that shouldn't be joked about.

No excuses? running a saw up in a tree isn't an excuse? The phone can't always be answered, but a call back shortly after should be acceptable.

On a serious note, I'm surprised treeminator pays his guys enough to afford a cell phone.....

I rarely use mine, but was glad I had it last Monday given I was left alone in a swampy bush to do some lane clearance. Heaven forbid I was ever was injured, but knowing that phone was in my pocket was a confidance builder. Having said that, personal calls are a no no during on the boss' nickel, lunch time or in the truck en route ok though IMHO. That is why I have call display and voicemail.

cell phones have their place, but not in a machine working/blue collar enviroment where only owners/managers/supervisors/crew-chiefs at most should have one .........are there now OSHA regs on cell phones??

c'mon guys, 20 years ago, did u hear your workers say "i have to have my cell phone"?......and there was no probs than, so it shouldn't be a problem now. 99% of calls made while on the job can wait till break or lunch time.

Latest posts

Back