The 385xp is here

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tree Sling'r

Tree Sling'r

Addicted to ArboristSite
Well fella's her she is:

Does .036 sound about right on the squish? That's what I got.
Also, is the only difference between Stihl mount and Husky mount bars is the hole size? I bored out the smaller holes on a Stihl mount bar with my milling machine and it seems to work fine.
Gonna test it out tommorow - stock. Then she's getting broke down and modded.

sILlogger

sILlogger

Addicted to ArboristSite
wow...talk about shiney!! nice saw..just out of curiosity how do you like the feel of the husky wrap handle compared to a stihl? ive ran stock 385's before but never modded. one other ?, what sort of spikes does it have on it? the half wrappers have lil puny double spikes on them.

good luck with the saw and i hope u like it

Tree Sling'r

Tree Sling'r

Addicted to ArboristSite
wow...talk about shiney!! nice saw..just out of curiosity how do you like the feel of the husky wrap handle compared to a stihl? ive ran stock 385's before but never modded. one other ?, what sort of spikes does it have on it? the half wrappers have lil puny double spikes on them.

good luck with the saw and i hope u like it

Well, I have not put it in any wood yet. Seems alright. It must be the west coast version. The dawgs are stock.

Magnum783

Magnum783

ArboristSite Guru
I have a 385 and like the balance and love the anti vib even more. I ordered the bailey's big spikes for mine and really like the machine as a whole.
jared

JT78

ArboristSite Guru
Congrats on the new arrival I think we would all like to see some video of before the mod and after. Really enjoy your videos theyre awesome the music really adds to them.

RiverRat2

RiverRat2

Serio Tree Freak
Well fella's her she is:

Does .036 sound about right on the squish? That's what I got.
Also, is the only difference between Stihl mount and Husky mount bars is the hole size? I bored out the smaller holes on a Stihl mount bar with my milling machine and it seems to work fine.
Gonna test it out tommorow - stock. Then she's getting broke down and modded.

I'm thinking .018-.020 would be tha mimimum so @ .036 you should be good to go!!!! let us know how it cuts!!!!!!! I'm bettin you like it,,,,, unless there is some pre-existing condition,,,, Ive got several huskies and they all cut very well!!!!!!

Last edited:
RiverRat2

RiverRat2

Serio Tree Freak
Congrats on the new arrival I think we would all like to see some video of before the mod and after. Really enjoy your videos theyre awesome the music really adds to them.

That sounds like a good plan Jasha,,,, Before,,,,,, then after,,,,, the introduction to Steroids!!!!!:givebeer: :givebeer: He does build a bad azzed modded saw,,,,,
and good vids,,,, Agreed!!!!!!!

Last edited:
SawTroll

SawTroll

Information Collector
Also, is the only difference between Stihl mount and Husky mount bars is the hole size? I bored out the smaller holes on a Stihl mount bar with my milling machine and it seems to work fine. .....

Maybe I read you wrong, but something seems amiss here - the slot in the medium Stihl mount bars are about 3 mm wider than on the large Husky mount bars, so it will be a pretty sloppy fit without an adaptor........

Tree Sling'r

Tree Sling'r

Addicted to ArboristSite
Maybe I read you wrong, but something seems amiss here - the slot in the medium Stihl mount bars are about 3 mm wider than on the large Husky mount bars, so it will be a pretty sloppy fit without an adaptor........

The slot or the holes? I just bored out the holes. I did notice the slot was longer on the husky bar, but I thought maybe that was because it was a 36" and the one I milled was a 32". Something does not seem right though, adapter?

SawTroll

SawTroll

Information Collector
The slot or the holes? I just bored out the holes. I did notice the slot was longer on the husky bar, but I thought maybe that was because it was a 36" and the one I milled was a 32". Something does not seem right though, adapter?

The slot for the bar studs is 12.3mm on the medium Stihl, and just 9mm on the large Husky mount, because of the "stepped" bar studs on the Stihl saws (really bad idea, but that is how it is).

I have some trouble understanding how you can avoid knowing this, so I may have misunderstood something in your posts.....

Last edited: